“Red Robin....Yum!”
Review of Red Robin Gourmet Burgers - CLOSED

Red Robin Gourmet Burgers
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Had to try this place after seeing so many of those commercials. It was pretty good....It is actually set up like a retro diner even though it seems to cater to families with children. That was suprising since they offer a great selection of alchohol. My husband and I immediately ordered the Purple Haze when we saw it on the menu...most places don't carry it! Then we ordered some burgers...I had mine pig out style with bacon and he had his fired up with ghost chili sauce...he regretted it later...lol. But, both were delecious. It had been a while since we've had good hamburgers out and Red Robin lived up to its reputation. It you're at the mall, stop in and try one. The endless fries are a great touch as well and they have 5 different dipping sauces you can try.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Food is good but everytime we have gone we had to wait over an hour. Our first visit, our waitress was not familiar with the menu and ended up having to leave shortly after (we think she was fired). If you love buger joints the food is worth the wait. If you don't, do not waste your time

Reviewed June 13, 2014

The Red Red Robin should go bob bob bobbing along until they get their act together!

The Yelp reviews and the line at the door at 6:30 made us believe the 7 of us were in for a great “gourmet” hamburger as the ads said. The picture of the nice thick juicy burger looked so mouthwatering delicious. NOT! The first sign was that the “gourmet burgers” had to be ordered medium well or well done. In other words, the burgers were frozen and had to be over-cooked to temperature. Second, it took an hour for our order to arrive, and only 4 out of the 7 orders at our table were as ordered. Third, the nice juicy burger in the ad was a lie. The burger is about the size of a McDonalds, but you do get two of them, so you have two well done hockey pucks! Two of these went back to be cooked as they were black and crusty, as did another meal that was made incorrectly. One “riblet” dinner was so over-cooked it looked like charcoal. The entire evening was ruined and it was was a terrible experience. I will say the server was so very apologetic and nice, and the manager came by and took the three meals off our bill and remade my wifes burger, but all in all the 7 of us scratched this place off our list of dining establishments. With Duffy’s, Limburgers, and many other places to get great burgers made from fresh meat that can be cooker rare to medium for $2-$3 less than Red Robin around this area that unless you’re trapped in Wellington Mall during a hurricane, there’s no reason to go there.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

We arrived early for dinner on Thursday. The restaurant was about half- full. The hostess took us all the way through the dining area to the little bar area in the back and tried to auction off a small high top that was about 2 feet from the service bar area. It was already quite obvious that there was little to no front of the house training on assessing the demographics of the customers- only a standard rotation of serving stations. An older couple is much less likely to be comfortable in the smallest table, highest traffic area, especially when they have to climb up to the chair.
We asked for one of the empty booths in the same section and she moved us.

Our server came right over and took our drink orders. After that, everything went into slow motion. I was entertained, though, by the four attempts to seat older couples at the high tops in the bar. By the time we left, they did manage to fill one of them with a middle aged couple.

My husband's iced tea was delivered when the server took our order. It took 15 minutes for my draft beer to make it 10 feet from the service bar to the table. Since the area was so small, it was easy to see other patrons being seated. Our order of 2 hamburgers took over 35 minutes. Three other tables, seated sequentially after us had their food long before ours arrived.

You do not get a choice on how your burger is cooked. There is "pink or no pink." Since I usually eat rare meat, I ordered pink. No such luck. Mine arrived about as well done as I have ever seen a burger. My fries were ice cold and my husbands were piping hot. I asked for a new order and I did get them. That was the last time we saw the server before the check arrived.

Overall, it wasn't horrible, and it wasn't great. I have had lots of better $10 hamburgers that were cooked to order. The menu is larger than expected and I might consider trying once more if I happen to be in the mall- but it will not be a destination of choice right now.

Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised at the gluten free buns they have for their burgers! Most restaurants have Udi's which is not the best for buns. The burgers are amazing! And I love the unlimited sweet potato fries!