“Upbeat & Eclectic”

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I've been to Kontiki many times and it is consistently delicious no matter what I've ordered. The menu & ambiance are full of surprises and totally eclectic which makes it a fun and tasty experience.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Nice place with an unusual menu shocked at the prices but decided to stay.The server was new but very nice but the food definitely not authentic Thai

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I highly recommend this Thai restaurant! Excellent food, presentation and service. It is truly a wonderful dining experience and the ambience is magnificent. Great place for business lunch as well as a wonderful dinner. Superb!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Quality of the food and fun atmosphere. We have lived in Wellington for 6 years and have attended Kontiki many times.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

SUMMARY: HORRIBLE QUALITY FISH (NOT FRESH), OVERPRICED FOOD, POOR SERVICE, TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

BEWARE! Hosted a party of 8 recently at this place. Very slow service and it was not even crowded. Horrible seafood (fish) dishes. As a well traveled fish loving family, red snapper @ $27/plate was not fresh (even though owner says only the sea bass is frozen). Really, I think we know fresh fish when we smell it, taste it, see it! Grilled chicken breast on chicken salad was terribly dry and hard on edges. Out of 8 dishes, 3 (two red snappers & one chicken breast salad) were sent back barely touched. Inexperienced server did not ask what the problem was when she took these plates away to clear the table. Did not want to make a complaint during the party in front of my guests as I was embarrassed about their meals, so I called first thing the next morning. No manager was on duty till 5pm that night. Called back at 5pm and spoke to a manager and she said she would get back to me after talking to owner about incident. Manager called back a day later (2 days after incident) and said Owner's reply to Manager was that her concern is that I should have addressed my issue that night and because I did not there is nothing she is willing to do as she can't see the evidence of bad food and there are people who have tried to rip her off. Seriously! We ordered appetizers, drinks, dinners, and dessert and she thinks we're trying to rip her off for 3 bad dinners! WTH!!! Talking about poor community relations and customer service. RUN AWAY before you get the same poor quality of food, terrible table service, and a horrible customer experience. Not recommending this place to anyone who travels through or visits Wellington. Now I understand why I was told when I called to make a reservation due to the amount of people in my party and was told, "we're never busy, just come on in!" I should have took that as a clear WARNING!

1  Thank t0paz0