“Good food, generous portions, excellent service, and a happy hour to be proud of!”
Review of La Fogata

La Fogata
Ranked #33 of 161 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Sat outside on this particular occasion (there are only two tables outside), but I've been eating at this restaurant about once a month for several years, so I've sat inside and at the bar as well.
Always great service from staff, I like the Mexican beers on tap, the Sangria is as good as it is strong (guaranteed if Eva makes it : ), and a cozy atmosphere devoid of offensive bright lighting, or unduly loud Mexican themed music or televisions (there is only one at the bar).
The food is as consistent as it gets, and the portions are as generous as the length of the happy hour, but I have to only rate this restaurant "Very Good", simply because the competition between Mexican restaurants in south Florida is both dense and fierce, and although La Fogata does represent a consistently good bang-for-buck, I've still had better in the Mexican category locally in terms of both food and atmosphere.

P.S. The chips and salsa are very good here, and I'm usually pretty picky when is comes to same.

• Visited December 2011

Coral Springs, Florida
“Convenient & Tasty”
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Mexican cuisine is limited in the Western Communities. This place is convenient and pretty good. If you judge a Mexican restaurant by the salsa & pico de gallo you will be a wee dissappointed.

The Happy Hour is very generous and is available all day Saturday & Sunday, which explains why the bar is alwas full.

• Visited July 2011
Lake Worth, Florida
“Best Mexican in Palm Beach County!”
Reviewed July 15, 2011

I have loved this restaurant for a few years now and worry in this horrible economy that I will lose any of my favorite restaurants. Shame on me for not writing this sooner. Fantastic service, portions, drinks and prices. I love the fajitas and my vegetarian family members love that these vegetarian fajitas are so generous with squah, onion, peppers and zuchini. For carnivores, we love the chicken in mole sauce or the pork tamales. Spinach enchiladas are delicious and I think it's the best guacamole you can get. Love the spider margaritas. The service is always friendly and fast. They refill my drinks without me ever having to ask. Please survive this lousy economy. I love you La Fogata!

• Visited July 2011
Lake Worth, Florida
“We love the place!”
Reviewed May 4, 2011

We have been dining at La Fogata for almost 3 years. The food is tasty, fresh and very authentic. The menu is big and they always have specials. Plus, the service is always great. Try their chipotle steak or spinach enchiladas! Yumm!!!

• Visited May 2011
Wellington, Florida
“HORRIBLE”
Reviewed February 6, 2011

We had to wait 2 hours to get our food this past Friday 2 Hours. When the food came the plates were Hot the Food was not. The waitress comped a round of drinks? News Flash wasn't anything wrong with the Drinks. Waiting 2 hours for Pre processed food that wasn't even warm is the problem. The Manager who apparently enjoys the Pre Made Over processed food wasn't very attentive and DID not rectify the situation. We will never eat there again. Wellington has a lot to offer. This place does not.

• Visited February 2011