“NOT KID FRIENDLY!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Welaka
Welaka Lodge & Resort
Reviewed February 25, 2012

We've stayed here before ad had a wonderful time as a couple. The cottages are very nicely appointed. We really enjoyed the convenience and all the amenities available. This is definitely a sleepy campground. This past week I took my wife and kids for my wife’s birthday. The POOL is NOT heated as advertised!!! Our children went to the pool and the staff quickly suggested they not swim because the pool was 65 degrees. The staff was very uncomfortable with our children being there. They were watching us so closely they even told me I looked out the window at them several times while they were having their Friday night party by the pool. They yelled at our kids and really scared them to the point that they did not want to leave the cabin. When we approached them it turned into a heated discussion. VERY unprofessional! It was as if we were invading their space as apposed to treating us like guest. Because it was my wife’s birthday I did everything I could to de-escalate the situation. The staff live at the resort and act as though it is their retirement community. We where made to feel as though we where not the paying clients but a nuisance. We had some guest come down to visit and celebrate my wife’s birthday. They simply came with cake and we went out to dinner. We were rudely informed that day guest where an additional charge of $5 per visitor for use of the facilities. They arrived at 3:39 and we left for dinner at 6. REALLY?? This is a great spot with incredible cabins. I suggest everyone go and take ALL your children!! Have a blast at the pool, lets let the staff know they are NOT the guest but are there to serve the paying customer!!

Room Tip: Pool side to watch children while they PLAY as kids should!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Mike S

Reviewed February 16, 2012

Our four week stay at the Welaka Lodge & Resort was everything we hoped for and then some. We work demanding jobs on the road and were desperate for peace, relaxation, and a place where we could feel truly at home. The Welaka Lodge & Resort was exactly what we needed. The cottages on the property are all gorgeous, and ours was an absolute gem complete with every amenity. Full kitchen, comfy king bed, fireplace and private hot tub make it difficult to leave and explore the many beautiful and interesting activities near by. The owners and staff are amazing and went above and beyond to make our stay sublime. It's impossible not to notice the attention to detail and care that's been put into making this cottage the perfect getaway. We had a great time and can't wait for our next visit!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2011

We stayed on an rv site over Thanksgiving week. We were staying there while waiting for a monthly rental in the same town. The people were wonderful and quite helpful.
Once we moved to our permanent location, we needed a place for our daughter, her husband and 2 month old baby while they visited us. The hosts could not have been more accomodating nor the facility any cleaner. Our daughter said it was the nicest and cleanest place they've ever stayed. They have travelled to NYC and stayed at some of the finest hotels and were quite impressed with both the people and the cabin they rented.
We will recommend this to all who come visit.

Room Tip: Everything provided, just bring a toothbrush
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 26, 2011

If you want to relax this is the place. I mean relax.....Great Cottages and good people !

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Spent the weekend about an hour a little south of Jacksonville in a town named Welaka. It has 1 stop light and 1 gas station with a few places to eat. It looks like it is a town of about 500 or so folks. I went there for some fishing in and around the St Johns River. I stayed a little campground lodge by the name of Welaka Lodge and Resort. There are 4 nice looking cabins for rent, there are about 5 RV sites that do not have RV’s parked in them, some are work campers, there is a nice small swimming pool, and on Sundays they have a big party at the dock. Friday and Saturday evening most folks head to a place called “Shrimp R Us” that has live bands and some good food and drink. It is an easy walk from the campground. The owners of the campground are friendly and stay busy keeping the place up. There is no cable at the RV sites nor TV reception so plan ahead if you go there. There is no late night parting that I seen as everyone disappeared at about 730PM each night and were not seen again until mid-morning.

There is only 2 cons about staying there 1 is no cable TV at the RV sites cable; the second is the “BLIND BUGS” 500 millions of them per square yard and they land on everything, get into everything and are a real pain to even walk through. They get inside the camper faster than you can open and close the door and you spend along time killing them, really nasty tiny bugs. I am sure they are gone during the late Fall or Early Winter months. Over all a nice small Resort, small town and very nice place.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank jaxfl1
Reviewed August 2, 2011

We absolutely enjoyed this property, had friends join us that stayed in other cabins and the Deluxe Cabin is the way to go. This property is very well maintained and looked after. The only thing that I was not happy with was the kids kept getting yelled at in the pool, I guess they were too roudy???? I didnt find them to be but evidently someone did?? We would definately go back and this time take our own boat. We rented a pontoon boat to go swim at the springs, lots and lots of fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2011

My husband and I and our 13 year-old boys spent the week in the Riverfront Deluxe Cottage. The cottage is very clean and well maintained. The kitchen is well-stocked with dishes and cookware. The view of the river from the porch is beautiful! The dock is just steps away with lots of table/chairs to give you shade or sunshine . We all had a blast catching fish,crab and shrimp right from the dock. The staff is so very friendly and helpful. We would have made another trip this summer, had the cottage not been booked!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank SJ445

Been to Welaka Lodge & Resort? Share your experiences!