“Great Food, great view of river, very nice people”
Review of Cafe Bleu - CLOSED

Cafe Bleu
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Clearwater, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food, great view of river, very nice people”
Reviewed July 9, 2011

Everytime we come to Welaka for a long weekend we eat here at least once or twice and have enough to take home for another meal. The price is good for what you get.
Try their fried green tomatoes, Bolognese, and cognac chocolate cake.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank LazyDays93

Florida
“Surprisingly wonderful”
Reviewed April 21, 2011

The crabcakes were excellent. with minimal breading. We found this restaurant by accident while staying at a dismal lodge nearby. Cafe Bleu is a little gem surprise on the Saint John's River and wonderful alternative to area restaurants where fried everything is the only dining option.

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank novacin
Miami, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food but the service is scary”
Reviewed April 18, 2011

The good was good, a bit pricey for the location, having lived in the City, for this place to charge as much as a good restaurant in the city considering it's location is a bit off.
We had a two hour wait to be served our dinner it was a bit much for what the food really it. Although it was packed from what I was told (30 ppl) the chef owner would come out of the kitchen and complain, the hostess would yell at him (she's his wife) and so the back and forth ensued through the wait. If I would have had another choice of restaurant I would have paid for our drinks and left. But since there is only two restaurant in the whole town your kind of stuck. The locals didn't seem to care, but as visitor use to something else we were disappointed. The food was good, cooked well, but we could have done without the "show".

• Visited April 2011
BAYSIDE QUEENS
“BEST FOOD I EVER HAD, WELL WORTH THE TRIP FROM ANYWHERE!!!!”
Reviewed February 21, 2011

If you are anywhere in florida and you want a great lunch or dinner you don't have to look any further CAFE BLUEE is the best! I live in new york queens and there are plenty of good resturants here but none like this one. I have eaten at CAFE BLUEES many,many times and its always consistant. Everything is homemade here yes everything even the bread. If you like fish you have to try there parm crusted gropper its to die for (REALLY)
i have there pasta with bolganaise sause its a hearty meat sause with tons of meat em yummy. they have homade soups too. there even make there on derserts like cramdella, key lime pie, and lots more NO DISSAPIONTMENTS HERE! In my option its worth the trip from anywhere in florida for a meal you will never forget i love the food so much they caught me licking the plate. Trust me on this one not only is the food so delcious but the atmospher is also breath taking . You can see the river and even sit out side if you prefer. I am so glad i found this place and you will be too try it once and you,ll be hooked too. Roxy the host and also cooks some of the meals like her SKY HIGH LASONIA mounds and mounds of homemade noodles, tons of meat and chesse so much in fact i couldn't even eat all had it for dinner the next day.
The cheif mr.bluee knows exactly whats hes doing using just the right amount of herbs and eveything is cooked to PREFECTION!!!!! I can't wait to go back here.
What else can i say TASTEING IS BELIVING!

• Visited December 2010
2 Thank 32811Name
monieg
“best thing about walaka...CAFE BLEU”
Reviewed June 14, 2010

My husband and i recently spent a few days in walaka. while driving around looking at property we stumbled on to cafe bleu.we had been looking for a pay phone (which by the way are none existent in walaka) There was a couple standing outside the front door who not only invited us in to use their phone ...but were so friendly and pleasent to talk to ....that we went back for a late lunch with friends. WOW I really can't say what i enjoyed more ...the food or the owners. Bleu and Roxy were fabulous hosts and the food was out of this world. We had appitizers salads a crab and shrimp dish and encrusted grouper. the veiw from the resturant out onto the river was septacular. we had a great time . only wish we lived closer (we're from the key's) i'd eat there every nite. And if i didn't eat there i'd just sit and hang out with bleu and roxy.... we'd be BEST friends.

1 Thank monieg