Shamrock Thistle & Crown Bed and Breakfast
$119
$80
$68
$93
The Waterfront Inn(The Villages)
$129
$65
$100
$91
$69
Rodeway Inn(Leesburg)
$60
RodewayInn
All reviewswonderful hostshome away from homeheated poolfloridaamenities
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I took my bride of 25 years to this Bed & Breakfast for our anniversary getaway. What a pleasant surprise as this B& B is truly a great place for relaxed enjoyment. From the warm and cozy den by the fireplace to the elegant dining room where breakfast was served we enjoyed every moment. Anne and Brantley have done an amazing job of creating a top notch place to kick back and relax at a relatively good price. The complimentary Klondike bars and sodas were a pleasant addition.Being there the day after Christmas, we were able to enjoy their decorations that were very abundant. We stayed in Olivia's Suite that had three separate rooms, bedroom, sitting TV room and private bath w/shower--really beautiful. Can't wait to go back for another stay.

Room Tip: Seven rooms available---All are great.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We loved this place so much we are returning in December. We have stayed in B&B's around the globe and this is one of the very few that we have returned to. The humor, the unbelievable breakfast from a truly inspirational couple all made our stay relaxing. Sitting in the rocker talking with the innkeeper was heartwarming and I felt a kinship with her. Can't wait to return right after Christmas. YOU MUST STAY HERE...really!!!!!

Room Tip: The private cottage was superb and the hot tub just what we needed. YOU MUST STAY HERE...REALLY!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PROV31KITTEN
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My wife Jennifer and I just stayed here for 2 nights and had a wonderful time. The home itself is simply beautiful and just overflowing with warmth and charm. Our room (the Blarney Room) was just georgeous and perfect for couples. The innkeepers were 2 of the nicest people you will ever meet. From the first minute you arrive Brantley makes you feel at ease and welcome. Our bed was comfortable and although I would have liked a bit more water pressure in the shower, the jetted hot tub was great. The fireplace was a romantic touch that we both loved.

The home appears to be undergoing a bit of renovation and looks like it will be even more beautiful when they are done.

Breakfasts were outstanding. We had a different meal served to us each morning and both were out of this world. First class all the way.

If you are looking around for a B&B in the middle part of the state, do yourself a favor and give this place a chance. I am willing to bet you'll love it as much as we did.

Room Tip: The Victorian and Irish Blarney rooms seemed to be the nicest rooms within the house. Both have a fireplace and hot tub. There is a separate, free standing cottage that looked just fantastic but we did not stay in that. From what I have seen online, they appear to be the most popular rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank scott m
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stayed here for three nights when I closed on my house in The Villages. I stayed in the cottage which is comfortable, charming and absolutely lovely. The breakfasts were delicious! The owners are friendly & helpful. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and am rather sorry that I won't have reason to stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank CJTBHI
Reviewed August 27, 2012

The house is older but very beautiful and the breakfasts are splendid and gourmet. They keep you satisfied until dinner. The house is very clean and so were the rooms. The country side around the property is magnificent with amazing views. Brantley is a wonderful conversationalist and Anne is a very pleasant and joyful person. They have beautiful children. The only negative for me were too many bugs by the pool side but I am sure this can be addressed in some way by the Inn keepers. Our room was clean and nicely decorated and the beds very comfortable and restful. Brantley has a lot of information on the area and where to visit. The Carriage Museum, minutes away, is a must see, it really is, and you can also go horseback riding there. The Villages, also minutes away, is an elegant and beautiful shopping area with excellent restaurants, shops and galleries. It was a wonderful time of rest and relaxation. Whatever you do, do not miss driving north from the Inn on County Road 25/Ocala Road, or you will miss the most amazing views of Lake Weir and beautiful country side views. The other beautiful ride was East from the inn on 165th Street, amazing hills and green land. Also visit Uncle Donald's Farm, also minutes away from the Inn. You can drive to Mount Dora for a day, 45 minutes away, which is a lovely town. My children did not want to leave the Shamrock Thistle and Crown Bed and Breakfast and God willing we will be back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank J C
shamrockbb, Owner at Shamrock Thistle & Crown Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

We so enjoyed your family circle visiting with us over the summer and thank you for the glowing review and alerting us of the bug issue – we will monitor this closely.

As an aside - unfortunately, Florida has had a mosquito problem on and off all year pending rain averages (mosquitos are very attracted to water) A defogger has been used. Recently, we haven't noticed a problem during the daytime. Of course, as all Floridians know,
a mosquito is most active in the warmer evenings.

Thanks again for your charming visit.

Anne & Brantley.
It’s not the words we know that show wisdom, but how and when we use them.