“NO BlARNEY HERE. JUST IRISH HOSPITALITY”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Weirsdale
Shamrock Thistle & Crown Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Weirsdale B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We loved this place so much we are returning in December. We have stayed in B&B's around the globe and this is one of the very few that we have returned to. The humor, the unbelievable breakfast from a truly inspirational couple all made our stay relaxing. Sitting in the rocker talking with the innkeeper was heartwarming and I felt a kinship with her. Can't wait to return right after Christmas. YOU MUST STAY HERE...really!!!!!

Room Tip: The private cottage was superb and the hot tub just what we needed. YOU MUST STAY HERE...REALLY!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PROV31KITTEN

Reviewed November 4, 2012

My wife Jennifer and I just stayed here for 2 nights and had a wonderful time. The home itself is simply beautiful and just overflowing with warmth and charm. Our room (the Blarney Room) was just georgeous and perfect for couples. The innkeepers were 2 of the nicest people you will ever meet. From the first minute you arrive Brantley makes you feel at ease and welcome. Our bed was comfortable and although I would have liked a bit more water pressure in the shower, the jetted hot tub was great. The fireplace was a romantic touch that we both loved.

The home appears to be undergoing a bit of renovation and looks like it will be even more beautiful when they are done.

Breakfasts were outstanding. We had a different meal served to us each morning and both were out of this world. First class all the way.

If you are looking around for a B&B in the middle part of the state, do yourself a favor and give this place a chance. I am willing to bet you'll love it as much as we did.

Room Tip: The Victorian and Irish Blarney rooms seemed to be the nicest rooms within the house. Both have a fi...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank scott m
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stayed here for three nights when I closed on my house in The Villages. I stayed in the cottage which is comfortable, charming and absolutely lovely. The breakfasts were delicious! The owners are friendly & helpful. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and am rather sorry that I won't have reason to stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank CJTBHI
Reviewed August 27, 2012

The house is older but very beautiful and the breakfasts are splendid and gourmet. They keep you satisfied until dinner. The house is very clean and so were the rooms. The country side around the property is magnificent with amazing views. Brantley is a wonderful conversationalist and Anne is a very pleasant and joyful person. They have beautiful children. The only negative for me were too many bugs by the pool side but I am sure this can be addressed in some way by the Inn keepers. Our room was clean and nicely decorated and the beds very comfortable and restful. Brantley has a lot of information on the area and where to visit. The Carriage Museum, minutes away, is a must see, it really is, and you can also go horseback riding there. The Villages, also minutes away, is an elegant and beautiful shopping area with excellent restaurants, shops and galleries. It was a wonderful time of rest and relaxation. Whatever you do, do not miss driving north from the Inn on County Road 25/Ocala Road, or you will miss the most amazing views of Lake Weir and beautiful country side views. The other beautiful ride was East from the inn on 165th Street, amazing hills and green land. Also visit Uncle Donald's Farm, also minutes away from the Inn. You can drive to Mount Dora for a day, 45 minutes away, which is a lovely town. My children did not want to leave the Shamrock Thistle and Crown Bed and Breakfast and God willing we will be back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank J C
shamrockbb, Owner at Shamrock Thistle & Crown Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

We so enjoyed your family circle visiting with us over the summer and thank you for the glowing review and alerting us of the bug issue – we will monitor this closely.

As an aside - unfortunately, Florida has had a mosquito problem on and off all year pending rain averages (mosquitos are very attracted to water) A defogger has been used. Recently, we haven't noticed a problem during the daytime. Of course, as all Floridians know,
a mosquito is most active in the warmer evenings.

Thanks again for your charming visit.

Anne & Brantley.
It’s not the words we know that show wisdom, but how and when we use them.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

This was the 1st time my husband and I had gotten away by ourselves without our kids. I wanted the B&B experience but my husband was not sold on the idea of sharing a home with strangers. So I spent hours for days searching every B&B in Florida. (and I mean every) Being from Sarasota, I didn't really care where we went. I just knew I wanted a B&B in a small town in the center of the state. No beaches! When I found this place and saw the cottage, it seemed too perfect. I then went on the internet to search for reviews, as I value other's experiences. I read the VERY few negative responses about this place and quite honestly, could not believe anyone even complained about what they complained about. It seemed as if they had to search hard to find something to complain about, and after our stay, I know that is what happened. Upon arrival, we met Brantley. He was so detailed about everything. From our cottage, to the actual B&B house, to restaurants in the area, to the attactions in the area. It was July 4th, so he even showed us where we could go to watch fireworks if we wanted to.
The cottage is beyond cute and extremely clean. I am so neurotic about places being clean that my heart was racing until I could get in the cottage and look around. The couch and bed were so comfy. The shower was nice and hot. The fridge had ice made and full of drinks and a Klondike bar! There was a coffee maker, microwave, microwave popcorn, hot tea, coffee, and hot cocoa. The TV had cable as well as a DVD player a VHS player. The fireplace was not "on" right now, since Florida is beyond hot in the summer and our cottage would have been a sauna. He was kind enough to offer, but being from Florida, we totally understood how brutal that would have been to run the fireplace (an excuse for us to come back in January :-).
We used the hot tub about 4 times. We don't have one at home and didn't realize how much we loved it. I actually got so relaxed, I think I could have fallen asleep if I had let myself. Again..very clean. I felt very comfortable being in there.
He offered us 8:30, 9:00 or 9:30 for breakfast. I just thought that was so nice and we actually picked 2 different times each day. Brantley served us both days, and the food was delicious. He was so nice to speak to and very each to speak to. Just seems like a great family.
Can not wait to go back and as I said am sad to be gone. As much as I missed my kids dearly, the time spent with my husband was so awesome and relaxing. I keep teasing my husband...we are back to the RW (real world)! Which my real world is GREAT....but our get away was awesome. I am so glad with the choice we made. Thanks Shamrock Thistle Crown B&B!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank mccordck
Reviewed June 21, 2012

My husband and 3 kids stayed Friday and Saturday at the Shamrock Thistle and Crown. What a wonderful time we had. Anne was wonderful and what a pleasure to meet a fellow Northern Irish woman!! Saturday was our son's 9th birthday and we came down for breakfast to a lovely birthday decorated table and one impressed 9 year old. Thanks Anne and we will be back again when your kids are home for a get together

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jill C
Reviewed April 12, 2012

99% is the score we gave the cottage after a five night stay. We had a wonderful time at the Shamrock. Brantley and Anne go out of their way to make sure you are beyond happy during your stay. Anyone who has a reason to be in the area has two choices a cookie cutter hotel or a home away from home at the Shamrock for the same price. You choose, but for us if we're going to be in the area again it's an easy choice. The Shamrock is the place for us.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael F

Been to Shamrock Thistle & Crown Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!