“Best View of River anywhere!”
Review of The Kayak Shack

The Kayak Shack
Reviewed February 12, 2014

This place is one of my Favorite places in Weeki Wachee! Absolutely the greatest place to spend your day.View all Weeki Wachee has to offer. Jon and amber are the best! Stop on in. Say Hello and go on one of the most relaxing rivers anywhere. The serene passages of some of the turns on the river take you back in time, almost mesmerizing you into a different era. It beckons you to indulge in the beautiful surroundings and take advantage of the sights and sounds of the water and the wildlife within. You will feel invigorated and anew. Enjoy a picnic right on the bank, view the birds and manatees. The Kayak shack is a wonderful way to spend time getting to know your family and friends and making new ones along the way.The river is calling you!

1  Thank Mudfrogger
There are newer reviews for The Kayak Shack

Reviewed February 11, 2014

The Kayak Shack is easy to find, owned and run by wonderful people, and I can't wait to make the trip down the river again. The river water is warm, clear and easy to navigate and has a nice variety of wildlife. Swim, jump off the rope swings along the river, take pictures, but most of all - relax and have a great time.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed February 9, 2014

This had to be one of my most beautiful kayaking experiences. The water is just so clear and blue and there are plenty of places to pull off and swim or watch others swim and jump from the trees into the water. There is a current that helps you navigate down the river at a pretty good clip for those that have issues with paddling this will not disappoint you. We saw birds, lots of turtles swimming under us, laying on rocks and when we finally hit Hospital Hole there were several manatees, one with a baby and they were huge! That's the first time I've seen a manatee and it was awesome! My only regret is I didn't get out and swim and wished I had had more time to go back and do this trip again. The owners are definitely quick and want to make sure you have an awesome experience! It's a family run business and that's exactly what attracts me to those sorts of places!

2  Thank MsGMaine
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I have traveled the entire world and seen some pretty amazing things, but I never expected to be so floored by something so naturally unique in a place like Florida. This river is unlike anything I have ever seen. The water is as clear or clearer than the beaches of Thailand or the Caribbean, yet completely fresh water. Even though it it fresh water fed from underground springs, it flows into the gulf which allows a unique variety of fresh and salt water fish, not to mention manatees to inhabit the waters. Not only this, the water stays a cool 72-76 degrees year round.

We rented a kayak from the kayak shop and they were totally awesome. We had a time constraint, so they opened a little early for us and were completely accommodating and extremely friendly. Their prices are more than fair for what you get. They will go out of their way to accommodate you.

We went to see manatees, but did not see any. As I mentioned before, we were on a time constraint so we didn't really take our time to look more closely, that and the tide was low. I thought I would be disappointed not to see any since that is what we went for, but quite the opposite. The scenery is quiet and relaxing and so peaceful. I also have never in my life seen so many fish. Millions. Beautiful colors and sizes. I felt like I was snorkeling looking down without even being in the water. The fish are everywhere and absolutely beautiful in a variety of shapes and sizes and colors. The fish looked tropical, hard to believe I was I a Florida river.

I have never been more surprised and ecstatic about a travel find like this before (I stumbled onto it on google maps). If you are within 2 hours of this place you should drop what you are doing and head to the kayak shack.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

We loved our experience at the Kayak Shack. The staff are very helpful and knowledgeable and our experience on the river was dreamlike. Thanks!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction