“Our Favorite!!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We love this little restaurant. The food is always delicious and also giant portions. The beer is cold and tasty. The owners are sweet people that we look forward to seeing every time we visit. The staff is friendly and efficient.

Let me see if there is something negative to add...oh yeah, it is a tiny place that is very popular, so some times you have to wait! Waiting is never a problem, though. We just grab a delicious beer/cider called "snakebite" and wait for our turn!!

Give BeckyJack's a try and see if you can find any negatives.

2  Thank rickyred
KimBeckyJacks, Owner at BeckyJack's Food Shack, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2014

Truth or dare. Love it!
Good game to play with your SnakeBite.
Delighted you made time for us,

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I'm kind of embarrassed that I grew up in Spring Hill, and have lived here most of my life...and it's taken me this long to try this place. I've driven past this little shack probably a hundred times, and probably mocked it half of those times...boy do I feel stupid. This is the bargain food joint you hope you can find in every city you might travel to...and it's been here the whole time, right under my nose.

We went here as a group of 9 for lunch on Mother's Day with my grandmother, mother, sister, girlfriend, three small children, and my brother-in-law. It's a tiny little joint, and was rather busy, but somehow we managed to walk in and squeeze our group into two tables. By the way, they don't have high chairs here for infants, but we worked it out.

They've got a house sweet green tea here that is rather tasty...most of the group enjoyed that, but I opted for what was a great beer selection in comparison to other Spring Hill offerings. Most notably, they had three different Southern Tier options, I ordered the Double Milk Stout, which was priced well at $5 for being their highest abv offering. They also had a few different Magic Hat options, Old Elephant Foot from TBBC, and a few belgian options, there was probably a dozen or so draft beers, pretty amazing for this obscure little spot.

We started off by sharing the fish dip appetizer. This stuff was absolutely addictive. Not sure what kind of fish is used, but it certainly tastes like smoked mullet and it was delicious. Served with simple saltine-esque crackers, but we devoured every bit of it. I ordered the crispy fish sandwich. I've heard this called a grouper sandwich in the past, but on the menu it didn't specify what kind it was, maybe due to difficulty getting grouper during certain seasons. On this day, it certainly tasted like grouper and given it's flavor, size, and freshness, the only other things it could have been are redfish or cobia. This hardly qualifies as a "sandwich" other than the fact that it comes with a bun, tomato, lettuce, and tartar sauce. It's more like a massive fillet with a bun on the side. Seriously you could have made three acceptable sized sandwiches with this fillet. The fish is coated in some sort of almond/breading mixture, fried perfectly and is delicious. I'm not quite sure how I finished it. It's an absurd portion in a great way. The 5-bean salad on the side was also delicious. I also tried my girlfriend's blackened fish tacos, and wow, they were fantastic. Perfectly blackened and bursting with flavor. They come in three per order and they're good sized tacos, she only finished two. My grandmother ordered the fish/crab cake combo, the fish portion of this meal is the same giant fillet that came on my sandwich. The crab cake was delicious and much more crabby than cakey. I also tried the mac n cheese which was a generous portion and delicious, more garlicky than cheesy though. Everyone was happy with their meals and everyone other than myself brought food home.

As far as the atmosphere, it's a little quirky, there's an awkward mannequin right in the middle of the restaurant, and there's interesting pieces hanging on all the walls. A little out there, but it was enjoyable. The service was great, I actually thought they were over-staffed with three servers in a place that seats no more than 25, but it was a pleasant surprise and we received just the right amount of attention from the staff.

Most importantly, I don't think there's a regular menu offering that costs more than $9. I really have no idea how they're able to serve monstrous portions of fresh seafood for such a low price, nor do I really care how they do it, as long as they keep it up. I spent years ignoring this place, but it will be a regular stop from now on.

1  Thank BrianDorry55

WOW!
We printed this gem out to remind our staff how neat our place is.
Spoiled? No, but so neat to see our name in such a glowing fashion.
We sincerely appreciate the effort and time spent to send the word out.
These gems are excited!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

This tiny restaurant is out of the way but well worth the search. The portions are generous and the food is good, although I wouldn't recommend the peanut butter cheesecake. I had their fish tacos and they were excellent. My husband had their fried fish and it filled the plate. His salad was the standard iceberg with a tasteless Florida tomato but that is to be expected. This is a place where you leave your diet at the door. There were plenty of beer offerings and sweetened iced tea...southerners like their sweet... Go there and have a great time!

Thank you Kelly Girl.
It is enjoyable working in Belize.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Wow! While wintering near by, I was told that I should try Becky Jack's. Am I ever glad I did. The best meal I had the entire time I was there! Try the Fish Tacos (I had the fish grilled).....they were fabulous! And the Clam Chowder was pretty yummy too.

It is one of those little hole in the wall places that you might not try if someone didn't tell you that you should...I'm telling you that this is a must do. Unfortunately I didn't get there until the end of my trip, otherwise I would have been there often.

The inside dining area is small (maybe 7 tables?), and quirky, and they also have outdoor seating. They serve beer & wine.

Can we expect you to arrive soon?
Thoughtful and nice words you used to sum us up.
And you should have more time this year.
Welcome!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Small place with big taste! The crunchy fish sandwich n fish Reuben feed two! Great burgers. Try the Snakebite - Stella's n cider. Very tasty. Haven't had a chance to try crab cakes n sides yet but I will! Only open Wednesday thru Saturday lunch n dinner.

1  Thank Betty W

You also have Sunday to join us for your Crunchy.
Open 12-5.