“Don't dine in, get it to go!”
Review of Nellie's Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Description: phone number (352) 596-8321
Description: phone number (352) 596-8321
Reviewed May 13, 2014

To be fair, my take out experience was very good. The food was ready when we arrived to pick it up and we all had the biscuits and gravy and it was very delicious. However, we just went this past Sunday around noon and the restaurant was dead but the service was still slow and lousy. The waitress was in her own little world. She argued with me when I asked where one of my food items were. She said she didn't hear me but I told I had ordered it and she continued on, just get me my bacon! :-p I was very disappointed and the other people in my party said for me not to leave a tip bc she really didn't deserve it but I did anyway. The biscuits were burnt and the bacon was barely cooked with raw fat. Needless to say, we won't be going back.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Took 15 minutes to order coffee, ten minutes for it to arrive at table and then a further ten minutes to order food. Waitress totally lacking in attention to the customers despite it not being very busy. Avoid at all costs!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Our server was great and the food was really quite good. We will definitely stop back again. My wife had their fried chicken special and really enjoyed it.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Food was good but service was a little slow. Reasonable prices and friendly enough staff. Good location for hotel next door.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

excellent service, good food and reasonable prices. The menu is one everyone will like. We had dinner salads that were more than generous and filling.