“HELL TO THE NAW”

Cuisines: American
Description: phone number (352) 596-8321
Description: phone number (352) 596-8321
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was the first time going to Nellie's... Let me say this I would never ever go back. We had a reservation for 3pm for a party of 12. We didnt get seated until 3:45. It took another 15 minutes before the server came over and took our order. Most of the family ordered from the dinner menu. The food wasnt worth the price and it's not soul food. Canned greens and canned yams are not soul food when you dont cook them. The mac n cheese taste like box mac n cheese. The fish was salty and greasy. The server never came back to the table to ask us did we need anything. I had to go look for her... I didnt appreciate this dinner at all. I WILL NEVER EVER GO BACK TO NELLIES

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I have eaten here 6-8 times over the last few years. This is one of the favorite breakfast places my wife and I frequent when we get on our motorcycle and just want to ride for a couple of hours on a Saturday morning. The food is consistency good and the service makes you feel like you're "family". We will keep coming back again and again.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

After a couple days of mermaiding, this place was calling my name. The fish tacos were the best I've had in ages, washed down by a chilled glass of a local brew. Very casual, tasty and worth a second visit.

1  Thank timetraveler89
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We've read the other reviews and this place must have made some changes. We had great service for breakfast. Our food was hot, good, and reasonably priced. They are open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They serve a variety of American style food. The restaurant and bathrooms were clean.

1  Thank Travel_Explorers
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I am one who is weary of trying a non chain eatery when I am away from home but I asked a local woman at the gas station where is a decent place to eat and she pointed me to Nellies. The waitress was nice and timely. The decor was a bit like you would expect at a Mom and Pop restaurant but the food was way above what you might assume. The location was near many hotels, plenty of parking and it was easy to find off of Rt 19.

1  Thank Lisa B