“Gorgeous river, intriguing mermaid show!”

Weeki Wachee Springs
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Weeki Wachee spring offers 200 acres of natural attractions and a waterpark with an underwater theater for entertainment.
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Weeki Wachee Springs State Park is located on one of the most beautiful spring fed rivers we've seen! A recent report indicating the state will be upgrading the facilities is fantastic news! Staff and volunteers here are genuinely friendly and helpful! We enjoyed the mermaid show - an enduring, unique attraction, but loved the boat tour on the Weeki Wachee -it's absolutely gorgeous! Although we also love to paddle down this river, we truly appreciate the park providing this boat tour that enables everyone to experience the beauty here!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,651)

Reviewed January 9, 2014

I have wanted to see this underwater mermaid show since I was a little girl. I am 59 now. I loved it every little thing about it was the ultimate in kitschy goodness. I was so surprised that there was more to do as this is a state park too. We went back a second day rented kayaks and went down the crystal clear water and was awestruck by the beauty. We got to a spot called hospital hole a sulphur spring and to my amazement there were Manatee swimming about. We followed the carefully laid out rules of observing Manatee ( they deserve it believe me) and went in the water. They came to us and it was so thrilling. There was a mother with a suckling baby and she was babysitting two other youngsters that were older than her little one. They were playing and barrel rolling. She came right up and rolled over with the baby still suckling and I could see the baby's face it was so precious. They are a really endearing animal. the staff at the kayak rental were friendly and attentive. Overall the staff at the park were wonderful and friendly and willing to engage us in conversation. They seemed to really care about the park and they liked their jobs. Thanks so much to all at Weeki Wachee for such a memorable time.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

This mermaid show is amazing and well worth the trip. Also the boat ride in the crystal clear springs was excellent. Saw 5 manatee.

1  Thank Rolande
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I had been here when i was very young. Returning almost 20 years later, I didnt expect to like it as much as I did. We watched all of the mermaid shows - one was quite good, another was a bit cheesy. A little investment in show development by good talent would go a long way. The springs were well cared for and very beautiful. The main spring is protected from public access. Large swimming area, lots of fish. We did the boat ride - it was over kill. The boat was huge and very very noisy. They really should move towards more eco-friendly alternatives. The guide, however, was quite informative. The water park was a perfect size. Only 2-3 slides - just enough to be fun without ruining the serenity of the park. The artificial beach was relaxing, although needs clean up (some parts smelled like a litter box!). Food is awful - bring your own lunch. The later afternoon was just perfect with few people and nice sun. Best part of all: the main attraction doesnt exploit wildlife, which by itself makes it one of the most worthy attractions in florida (a state famous for exploiting wildlife for profit).

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We were in the area and the weather was too cool for some of the other things we wanted to do, so we stopped by. The mermaid show is interesting, but it was obviously the off-season show. The boat ride was interesting and the guide was good. Not worth the admission when the water rides are closed. Go when you can enjoy the water and the full offerings of the park.

1  Thank Carol M