“What could be better than real mermaids??” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Weeki Wachee Springs

Weeki Wachee Springs
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Weeki Wachee spring offers 200 acres of natural attractions and a waterpark with an underwater theater for entertainment.
Maryland
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“What could be better than real mermaids??”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

I had fond memories of this place from my childhood - while it was missing a bit of the stardust from my youth, Weeki Wachee did not disappoint on our recent visit! There wasn't too much to do there, but the kids (age 6 & 9) enjoyed the river "cruise" on the crystal clear weeki wachee river, and we enjoyed the informative talk from park rangers. The animal show was a but of a joke when compared to others we have seen, but really, the mermaid show was pretty cool and was all we cared about. Despite the cool temperatures, our kids even swam in the springs at "buccaneer bay", hoping to see a manatee, I think. All in all, it was a slightly kitschy, rather tired little park, but my kids (both boy and girl) thoroughly enjoyed their time there, and even my skeptical husband agreed that it was a worthwhile visit.

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Knoxville, Tennessee
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Geat Underwater Mermaid Shows”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

Back around 1960 I remember my Dad taking us kids to see the Weeki Wachee mermaid show, it was great entertainment. Today it is still great family entertainment at a very reasonable rate, no large crowds, no 1 hour long lines for a 10 second ride. Be sure to bring your bathing suit they have a water park and a general swimming area, the water is 72 deg. F all year round. Also, they have short boat rides down the river.

Visited December 2013
Ossining, New York
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Disappointed...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

The park was supposed to close at 5:30. The last show was at 3pm. There is really nothing to do besides going to the show, why would you stop the shows that early? I was unable to actually go in because it would have cost $13 per person for show that was almost over by the time we arrived. I can't believe it closed so early...I was extremely disappointed

Visited December 2013
3 Thank clover1991
Mackinac Island, Michigan
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Mermaids and Boat Ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

For a $5.00 entry you get so much. The amount of water the spring puts out is mind-blowing. This is old Florida at its best. My kids loved it more than Universal Studios. Hard to imagine but its like "Radiator Springs" from the movie Cars. The original tourist attraction in Florida before the Disneys and super highways. Basic simple fun.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Sunny1099
Bermuda
128 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 117 helpful votes
“A day out with friends”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

The State Park was a lovely place to have a very long walk along the river bank. It was quiet and peaceful and saw some interesting birds.

Visited November 2013