“NOTHING LIKE THE CRISP COOL FEEL OF A NATURAL SPRING!”

Weeki Wachee Springs
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Weeki Wachee spring offers 200 acres of natural attractions and a waterpark with an underwater theater for entertainment.
florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“NOTHING LIKE THE CRISP COOL FEEL OF A NATURAL SPRING!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I had not visited this place since I was a child but took our 16 year old grandson for a day at the springs. The show was great, the river cruise was relaxing but the show stopper was swimming in Buchaneer Bay. The cold water is so exhillarating and the lazy river is the best way to spend a Saturday afternoon!

1 Thank dellum

• Korean first
  • Polish first
PA
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“My kids enjoyed this better than Disney!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

This was the best 26 bucks that we spent on our month-long Florida trip! The show was great as were the grounds. The boat ride was entertaining as well as informative. The food was affordable and decent. We got there at about 10:30 and between the mermaid show and boat ride as well as the gift shop, we weren't able to the awesome springs and slides by the time we had to leave at 3. It looked great.
Kids under 6 are free. So, plan for the whole day on the cheap and enjoy

Visited July 2013
1 Thank LeonardsofSherman
Neosho, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Love this Place”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My parents brought us here once as kids and my husband and I recently took our kids because I loved it so much. We had to stand in the hot sun while waiting to be let into the theater, so that part was not so great with 3 young children. They really need to put up some sort of shade and maybe some benches for those who are waiting. Once inside, though, it is nice and cool and has lots of bench seating. My kids loved seeing the "real" mermaids swimming and dancing under the water and liked the music played during the show. It really is a must-see attraction. My kids also enjoyed the boat ride down the river, which we almost missed because of the time of day that the mermaid show ended. When you go, be sure to check the schedules of the mermaid show and the boat rides so that you can plan and be able to do both.

1 Thank Lindsey S
Winter Park, Florida, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Glad we did it.”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Seeing the mermaid show has been on my bucket list for a long time. The mermaid theater was nicer than I expected. The show was a crowd pleaser and cute enough. The grounds were pretty. What I didn't expect was the beautiful swimming area with the fun looking water slides. You could plan to spend the whole day here. We came just to see the mermaids, but the short boat ride afterward was a bonus. Both activities were good to beat the heat.

2 Thank SkkyHi
Palm Harbor, Florida
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Worth the Drive”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I had always wanted to check this place out, so we made the 45 min drive on a Wednesday, arriving about 11am. The park has two sides; the "mermaid" side and the water park side. We took a very quick walk around the mermaid side. The animal show was scheduled to begin soon after we arrived, but there is only a small amount of bleacher seating and it was already filled so we skipped it. Since the mermaids weren't of interest to my teen son, we headed over to the water park side. I would suggest not arriving any later than we did if you want to use their chairs - I think we got the last two chairs in the park. One tip - if you don't mind an upright chair (as opposed to a lounger) head to the very large umbrella in the center by the tiki bar. There are around 40 chairs there and it's a nice shaded area. You can also take your cooler in and sit it by your chair. We had our big wheeled one and it wasn't that obtrusive in the chair area. You can sit right there and eat your packed lunch, or there are plenty of picnic tables. The lady at the gate checked the cooler for alcohol and glass - and she really checked it, dug through the whole thing, ice and all. They do serve beer and you aren't allowed to bring your own because obviously they want to sell it to you. There are four slides in all: two identical racing slides, one with twists and turns, and one that is just a long tall skinny tube. The lines were long as there were tons of kids from various camps there, and the lines move slowly. The lifeguards are just teenagers that are more worried about gossiping to each other about their romantic escapades than they are loading guests quickly onto the slides. The water is freezing if you are used to the gulf temps, but surprisingly you do get used to it, and it is crystal clear. I would not spend the money on the tubes for the "lazy river". It's really short and not very exciting. We were there about four hours and we definitely got our $13 worth. Good place for a relaxing afternoon if you don't feel like dealing with a big $50 water park.

4 Thank palmharbormichelle