“Great Experience”

Best Western Waldo Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Waldo
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Booked this hotel for a weekend trip for the Florida Gator Fan Day. All the hotels in Gainesville were booked & we didn't mind at all! The drive was a quick 15mins away from the stadium but out of the hustle and bustle of the city. The staff was friendly, & the room was very clean and accommodating with plenty of towels, shampoo, conditioner, and soaps. We also had a coffee maker, personal safe, mini fridge, microwave and iron with ironing board in our room. Overall great experience and will definetly stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank fl_marygirl

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Room phone did not work, could not find desk person, lousy TV picture with very few channels,
if you like moldy jam for breakfast, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Go to a different motel
Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank William R
Reviewed June 19, 2012

On 8th of June I checked in the Sleep Inn (Waldo Florida). This was my third time at this hotel. I was traveling with my five year old daughter. Both rooms I was put into were extremely hot at entry, had dead mosquitos and small spiders underneath the bedspread. I was upset, grabbed my daughter and left with no receipt. I drove 38 miles from my destination (Raiford) to Gainesville for a night, checked in at another hotel 68 miles from my destination in Ocala FL the next day due to booking restraints due to events. I had pending charges from my bank for the hotel, which I tried to resolve with the Manager (Willie). He told me rudely to get w/my bank because I wasnt charged. I called my bank and they needed confirmation from the hotel to drop the charge to use towards another hotel. I called the hotel w/my bank on the line; Mr. Willie kept cutting the representative off before she could explain herself. My bank asked him for transaction #, which he said he could give because he had two customers. The representative asked if he could fax the receipt and he said he would but he hung up the phone before receiving the fax #. About 5 minutes after the phone call I stopped by the hotel to resolve the issue w/my bank on the phone. My bank asked if he could give them a merchant ID # instead. Mr. Willie told USAA the general manager of the store had the merchant ID #. I asked him twice how he did not have a merchant ID #. I suppose this enraged Mr. Willie; he began to yell at me. He told me to get the hell out of his hotel before he call the police and have me thrown out. I proceeded to try and stay calm by referring to him as Sir, which he said Do not call me Sir! He threatened to throw me out the hotel again and said look at my receipt. The woman that checked me in was there and quickly printed me a receipt. I left w/my daughter crying in the car because of what she heard. I have been in the service for eleven years and never have I been disrespected in such a manner especially in front of my child.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank loudy f
Reviewed May 26, 2012

The room key didn't work so we were transferred to a different room. Everything was clean and well set up. Free wifi was terrible, couldn't get good enough connection to do anything. Staff, Garry, very helpful and went out of their way to make things ok. Breakfast free and lots of choices. Would visit again.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Gary-Cherri W
Reviewed March 30, 2012

This is a newer facility located within a resonable drive to Gainesville. It is clean and well run and even offers a free breakfast in the morning. We'd stay here again.l

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Pittipats
Reviewed March 26, 2012

The first floor accesible king-bed room was one of the best I've seen. Spacious enough that a wheeelchair moves around effortlessly. And the staff is extremely helpful. They do need automatic doors, though.

Room Tip: Room 102 , if disabled
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank JAMES R
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Recently stayed in the sleepy town of Waldo at the Sleep Inn. Overall the room was great with a flat screen TV. However, the bathroom could use some maintenance. The shower had grout and tile problems probably due to settling and gave the appearance of dirt and mold. Also the design of the shower was poor, they attempted a design that didnt require a shower door or curtain but lots of water ended up on the floor outside the shower stall. Otherwise the room appeared clean.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank eliwett
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waldo
Best Western Starke
#28 of 47 in Gainesville
Comfort Inn University
Comfort Inn University
#11 of 47 in Gainesville

Been to Best Western Waldo Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!