“horrible experience”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Waldo
killeen
“horrible experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

On 8th of June I checked in the Sleep Inn (Waldo Florida). This was my third time at this hotel. I was traveling with my five year old daughter. Both rooms I was put into were extremely hot at entry, had dead mosquitos and small spiders underneath the bedspread. I was upset, grabbed my daughter and left with no receipt. I drove 38 miles from my destination (Raiford) to Gainesville for a night, checked in at another hotel 68 miles from my destination in Ocala FL the next day due to booking restraints due to events. I had pending charges from my bank for the hotel, which I tried to resolve with the Manager (Willie). He told me rudely to get w/my bank because I wasnt charged. I called my bank and they needed confirmation from the hotel to drop the charge to use towards another hotel. I called the hotel w/my bank on the line; Mr. Willie kept cutting the representative off before she could explain herself. My bank asked him for transaction #, which he said he could give because he had two customers. The representative asked if he could fax the receipt and he said he would but he hung up the phone before receiving the fax #. About 5 minutes after the phone call I stopped by the hotel to resolve the issue w/my bank on the phone. My bank asked if he could give them a merchant ID # instead. Mr. Willie told USAA the general manager of the store had the merchant ID #. I asked him twice how he did not have a merchant ID #. I suppose this enraged Mr. Willie; he began to yell at me. He told me to get the hell out of his hotel before he call the police and have me thrown out. I proceeded to try and stay calm by referring to him as Sir, which he said Do not call me Sir! He threatened to throw me out the hotel again and said look at my receipt. The woman that checked me in was there and quickly printed me a receipt. I left w/my daughter crying in the car because of what she heard. I have been in the service for eleven years and never have I been disrespected in such a manner especially in front of my child.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank loudy f

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

The room key didn't work so we were transferred to a different room. Everything was clean and well set up. Free wifi was terrible, couldn't get good enough connection to do anything. Staff, Garry, very helpful and went out of their way to make things ok. Breakfast free and lots of choices. Would visit again.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Gary-Cherri W
TampaBay
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

This is a newer facility located within a resonable drive to Gainesville. It is clean and well run and even offers a free breakfast in the morning. We'd stay here again.l

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Pittipats
LAKE PLACID
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

The first floor accesible king-bed room was one of the best I've seen. Spacious enough that a wheeelchair moves around effortlessly. And the staff is extremely helpful. They do need automatic doors, though.

Room Tip: Room 102 , if disabled
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank JAMES R
PALM CITY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

Recently stayed in the sleepy town of Waldo at the Sleep Inn. Overall the room was great with a flat screen TV. However, the bathroom could use some maintenance. The shower had grout and tile problems probably due to settling and gave the appearance of dirt and mold. Also the design of the shower was poor, they attempted a design that didnt require a shower door or curtain but lots of water ended up on the floor outside the shower stall. Otherwise the room appeared clean.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank eliwett
WAYNE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2012

Our daughters and grandson live near Keystone Heights, Florida. Would LOVE it if Sleep Inn would build a motel there, but since there is no place to stay in Keystone Heights, we stay here at the Sleep Inn at Waldo. The Sleep Inn is convenient and clean. The breakfast consists of make-your-own waffles, eggs, sausage, cereals, juices, etc. The room had a small refrigerator and a microwave. There is a small pool out back, but we've never used it. There is also a small exercise room. There is a safe in the room (extra charge), but we've never used it. The toiletries are lacking - one small bottle of lotion and only one little bar of soap. Better bring your own. There are only a couple of things I didn't like - the free wireless internet requires that you log in every day and accept the terms of service and isn't very powerful. I didn't have a problem with the laptop, but I had problems getting the signal with my IPad 2. The only other thing I wasn't crazy about was the price. I believe $80 for the area is a bit pricey. I guess it's because it is right on Highway 301, a major thoroughfare from north to south Florida. There is a Sunoco station right next door with an Arby's and Dunkin' Donuts inside. There is a Subway and Dollar General right across Highway 301 -- you will want to drive to those as Highway 301 is very busy. There is a hugh flea market across the road as well if that's what interests you. Gainesville is a few miles on up the road and Starke is a few miles in the other direction.

Room Tip: This hotel is two stories and there is an elevator, so all rooms are easily accessible.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank WVRILEY
Hampton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

The hotel is nice a clean and supports our veterans.

Room Tip: Call ahead
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waldo
BEST WESTERN Starke
Baymont Inn & Suites Gainesville
Comfort Inn University
Comfort Inn University
#4 of 44 in Gainesville

Been to BEST WESTERN Waldo Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!