“"Family" restaurant with no style”

The Edward Ball Dining Room
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Providence, Rhode Island
“"Family" restaurant with no style”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This restaurant has no decor to speak of, which was disappointing, as I have been in some park lodges that were elegant or outdoorsy or had soem distinguishing character. This was more like a school gymnasium. The menu was limited and the food was only passable. I had a grouper sandwich that was very dry, and my husband only ate half his hamburger. There was a lot of to-and-fro with servers going in and out of the kitchen and it was noisy. Plus, there was some event going on in the adjoining lobby, and that added to the noise.

1 Thank Rosemarina

Jacksonville, Florida
“Real Florida”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

The Lodge at Wakulla Springs is charming! We enjoyed walking the property...taking the boat ride. Dinner in the restaurant at the Lodge was a pleasant surprise! My husband ordered the chicken....and I think they must have gotten the recipe from my mom!!! I had the steak salad which was delicious. Our accommodations were nice at the Lodge. Spacious room - huge closet - adequate bathroom. Mattresses were not comfortable....a little sore to start the new day.

“Change is bad.”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

As both a local and a State of Florida employee I have frequented the restaurant at Wakulla lodge whenever entertaining visitors and family from out of town. The food used to deserve its star ratings but no longer. Our waitress was grouchy and incompetent. Our food for a 6 top, during lunch, took 57 minutes to arrive with no apology. The menu states for the seafood sampler that you can have fried or blackened. When asked to blacken the grouper the waitress informed us that they do not really do that and do not really know how. Our club arrived with no bacon, the fries were cold, the wrap had mayo on one half only, the platter had items on it that were not ordered or even on the menu. Bad all around.

2 Thank saracon
Marietta, Georgia
“Delicious and Lovely”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Spending the day at Wakulla Springs recently, I availed myself of both the restaurant and the snack bar. Both were lovely. For dinner, our waiter was a young fella who really seemed to love the history of the place as much as I did. We went in to dine the moment it opened up for the evening, so it wasn’t crowded. The food was plentiful… and it was very tasty. I loved it. As far as the snack bar goes, I stopped in there earlier in the day and the lady behind the counter was delightful and helpful. Eating in the snack bar is just so much fun because it’s a walk back in time. (And you can peruse the gift shop while you’re in there if you are so inclined :-)

Nashville
“Yes, the REAL/OLD Florida . . . wonderful!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Though it is a bit out of the way, it is well worth the visit! Plan to stay overnight and enjoy the natural area/surroundings. Have a bicycle? Bring it, for sure . . . or at least wear some walking shoes. A room with a view of the springs, especially a suite, is well worth the price . . . although the weeknight price was an incredible bargain. Our family will be visiting again.

Visited March 2013