“Excellent food and staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Melody Inn - CLOSED

Melody Inn
Cuisines: Swiss, American, German, European
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Vero Beach, Florida
“Excellent food and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

One of the best steaks I have ever had. And my husband, who never ate veal, cannot get enought of it with the delicious sauce. Last, but not least, the cheese fondue is to die for! I love the atmosphere, makes me feel at home, they get to know there clientele, versus the chain restaurants. There has never been a visit that wasn't of perfection. Likethe service, the food was fantastic. I highly recommend that if you are in Vero Beach, this is the place to go. From the owner, Margaret, to the servers, Gwen and Samara, everyone is right there to take care of your every need.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank Fran H

vero beach
“Good for German/Swiss Cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

For a nice occasion when you don't mind a large tab. Some wait staff are good while others are not. Take your chances. Food is usually excellent and well prepared. Attitudes are very changeable too as chef can sometimes be overwhelmed.

1 Thank VBReviewer
Ocean City, Maryland
“authentic swiss french cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We had 2 delicious meals at this restaurant in February. We used to ski frequently in Switzerland, and acquired a taste for Swiss cuisine. The first time we ate at Melody, we were prompted to do so after having read an article praising the restaurant in the local paper. It definitely lived up to the hype, food wise. The atmosphere is relaxing, but nothing to brag about. It does remind me of some of the restaurants in Switzerland, though. On our second visit, we were with 4 other people, two of whom have lived in Vero Beach for years, and since they frequently eat out, they know which restaurants are the best ones. They chose the Melody Inn as one of their favorites.
I had veal both times, and highly recommend any of the 4 veal dishes. The spaetzle is especially delicious. My friend loves the pickled beets. On Tuesdays the wines are half priced, and my glass of Kendall Jackson Merlot was only $4.50. What a buy! The entrees are very fairly priced for the quality of the food.
The location is VERY hard to find. The restaurant is hidden in a building with the name of the building on the outside. Even though we knew the address, we couldn't find the restaurant until we searched and searched. I suggest you ask for explicit directions when making your reservation.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank MarylandGypsy
Atlanta
“Wonderful surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

My brother took us here for dinner and what a surprise. I have lived in the Alps and have always fondly remembered the food. I treated myself to the Raclette appetizer, onion soup and Schnitzel. All that was missing was the yodeling. It felt like comfort food and was delicious. The wine selection was good.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank worldair
Portland, Oregon
“A Very Nice Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I had a lovely meal at Melody Inn. The restaurant offers a fixed menu choice which included a very nice wine. I think the restaurant has a true connoisseur buying the wines. It has a huge seating capacity, but the front of the restaurant is quite pleasant and cozy.
Melody Inn can be a bit hard to find. We had a bit of trouble finding it, so an employee came outside and watched for us to make sure we could get there. Typical of the great service you will receive at this restaurant.

• Visited July 2012