“Double Check your Reservation”

Holiday Inn Express Vero Beach-West I-95
Ranked #18 of 27 Hotels in Vero Beach
Hollywood, FL
“Double Check your Reservation”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I made a hotel reservation for this hotel online a couple of weeks ago and realized I had input the wrong date. I tried to change it online but was unsuccessful and called the Central Reservations. They told me they had changed it and I took them at their word but did not get a confirmation. Life is busy and I forgot to call back.. well when we went to check in at the hotel on the correct night, Saturday instead of Friday, they told me they had charged me for the Friday night. It took us a long time to get a supervisor on the phone to fix it.. Priscilla, the Manager, would not do anything to help out. If Central Reservations had not fixed the problem I would have not stayed there no matter what. Also be aware that the breakfast says till 9:30 but basically it shuts down at 9.. we went down at 9:10 and they were out of most of the breakfast items. Carpets in the room were dirty also.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.. there are several other alternatives right in the same area. Brand new hotels...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Vero Beach-West I-95, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Dear 3xaladyHollywood_FL,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay. I trust we can regain your confidence in our products and services.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Newtownards, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night whilst driving from orlando to miami. 120 miles roughly from orlando. Lovely bright modern clean hotel! We were both impressed with the room. Only lacking a safe. Very comfy bed and pillows, big tv, good channel choice, ice machine downstairs, good shower, towels etc. Coffee machine and 4 coffee pouches present. Fridge and freezer also. Breakfast is over early at 0930. Fair selection, done the job. Didn't get to the outside pool. Petrol station across road. Steak and shake burger joint next foor, yummy! Clothes outlet next door also, got some great bargains! Has a gym, didnt try it. I would like all hotels too be the same as this one. Very good. Only gripe was a lamp bulb blew and thr guy to fix it was out. Still a very minor point. Very close to I 95 south motorway.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Florida
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We were only staying in the area for one night and we were glad we chose this hotel. It is nicely located near an outlet mall, there are a variety of places to eat nearby and it is close to the interstate but far enough away that we did not hear the passing traffic. The parking lot was clean and had plenty of space. The lobby was clean and the staff was really friendly. Our room was very clean. The bed was comfortable. The air conditioning worked great. We did not wake up in time to try the breakfast so I cannot comment on it. I am sure we will stay here again and would recommend it to friends or family.

Room Tip: We asked for a top floor room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Bradenton, Florida, United States
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I first stayed at this hotel when it was new in the 1990's. It's not on the beach. It's by the outlet mall. It's close to gas stations, restaurant and the Indian River Mall is also a short drive down the main road into town, The room are clean, well appointed and the staff is outstanding. The hotel went through a make-over a few years back and it has kept up with the times. There's the usual fitness room, pool and breakfast area. I still stay there a few times a year when I'm visiting relative. Consistent quality and care by the staff.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side (higher numbers) are furthest away from traffic but I've never noticed a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Douglas C
Stuart, Florida
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Was pleasantly surprised at this hotel - the furnishings were very nice, the bed was super comfortable, bedding was top notch, shower was great, and breakfast was very good! The attendant at the breakfast area was very attentive and took pride in her work - nice to see that!! Easy on and off of I-95 - they really should mark the entrance to the hotel better though - it's near an outlet mall entrance and they need more signage.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Karen M
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I made a reservation for two rooms on 21 August checking in on the 15th of October for one night. Upon arrival we were met by Allen, by much of a surprise I was told I didn't have a reservation that the reservation was cancelled on the 21st of August? Allen couldn't explain to me how this occurred but assured me we would be taken care of. Allen went out of his way to make our stay exceptional. With all the completion it's refreshing to see someone who takes care of his customers. I would highly recommend this establishment to anyone traveling in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Swampfox1949
Saint James City
Reviewed September 28, 2013

The staff and room were excellent. Breakfast included with fresh coffee and a variety of breakfast items. I had to try the biscuits and sausage. The price was exceptional for the room and service provided ($75.47). Kind of hard to find off I-95 but well worth the stop.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple