“Ask if wifi is working before you check in”

Holiday Inn Express Vero Beach-West I-95
Ranked #17 of 26 Hotels in Vero Beach
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Have stayed at this location multiple times. This was booked as a 2-night stay, however I am checking out and going to the Hampton Inn next door if the wifi doesn't work tomorrow. There is no ethernet available. I need the Internet to work each night and I rely on a hotel having adequate service. This Internet service was horrendous. Took an hour and a half to download 30 emails to my inbox. Took anywhere from 3 to 15 minutes to open up a web page. All along the wireless network connection read "excellent" signal strength. Front desk admitted other guests complained too: he reset the router but it didn't help. I phoned the 1-800 tech help number but the representative said that, from his end, all looked ok. Said that the speed of the signal depends on the bandwidth the hotel owner wants to pay for. If you rely on use of the Internet when you check in to a hotel in the evening, make sure this place has upgraded its service before you commit to stay here.

• Stayed: March 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Vero Beach-West I-95, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear Eilspaul,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. It is our goal to consistently ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations to all of our guests. Please accept our sincere apology for the difficulties you experienced with our internet service. We have shared your valuable comments with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed. While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we thank you for sharing your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. I hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Very nice staff. It is a 30 minute drive to the beach, but we did not find that an issue in relation to the price. If you are a fan of outlets, it is adjacent to a rather large one with all the usual brands.
I would certainly return if I would visit Vero Beach again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I am pretty much a Marriott Person, but stayed here for a recent wedding. I must say this place was great. Very clean and nice accomodations and I have to say the staff were very friendly and helpful. I would come back here without reservation. Honestly it has opened up my eyes to why I am paying more for Marriott Properties.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Allentownpaguy
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I had either lost my car keys or locked them in my car. After turning my room upside down searching for the keys, John the night clerk offered to help me search. He even got down on the ground looking under my car and the adjoining car to see if I'd dropped the keys. Long story short, John spend 3 1/2 hours with me until a locksmith finally got my car unlocked. When I couldn't spot my keys inside the car, John found them, in a trash bag that I wouldn't have thought to look in. I'll definitely stay at Holiday Inn Express Vero Beach any time I;m in this area. Thank you John!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Could be a one time occurrance but??? We checked into Room 225 for a three day stay. That night the bathroom was emitting a strong urine smell whichwasn't obvious till later in the evening when we came back from dinner and since we are very tolerant we expected it to clear up so we did not call down to ask to be moved but it made for a miserable night. Next morning we called desk and they seemed to know what to do-they flushed out the drain in the bathroom floor. Seemed to solve the problem but we still left one day early. Could be just that room or a one time but my question is why didi they immediately know what to do--happen before? Other then that the hotel was perfect as HIE's have been, staff, breakfast were great. Cracker Barrell and Steak and Shake in parking lot area Problem is we could not stay at ths particular HIE again because of this problem.

Room Tip: Ask to go in and check the bathroom for odors.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Vero Beach-West I-95, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Dear 995traveler,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I appreciate the compliments on the hotel breakfast and staff. However, I do apologize the experience you had with the unusual smell of the bathroom was less than satisfactory. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and services are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

While I understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, I would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Though it seemed hard to get to, ( not true in actuallity) Check-in for my Group was fast friendly and The front desk was outstandingly helpful to myself for Parking a Motor Coach, and to the needs of my Passengers. Rooms are clean. There is a Cracker Barrell next door, Steak and Shake to the other side, and across the Street is an Outlet Mall. Breafast was hot and Coffee was excellent. I have to admit a guilty pleasure watch my "groups" younger ones get frustrated at he Pancake Maker. They would push the start button, then scream" WELL WHERE IS MY PANCAKE!!" They seemed genuinely surprised that it had to COOK first. AH yes the get it now Generation.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, but for a touch of Extra quiet get tooms oppisite the Interstate
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank WolfTravler
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Absolutely an excellent experience. There was a group of 15 well behaved high school basketball players and their coaches. The hotel staff was extremely accommodating, well cleaned and affordable for the kids to make the trip.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family