“Overnight Stay”

Howard Johnson Vero Beach/I-95
Ranked #22 of 27 Hotels in Vero Beach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Kingston
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My room at this motel was a very pleasant surprise. I had stayed here once before, a few years ago, and was disappointed; but because of its convenient location decided to stay at this Howard Johnson's again. Glad I did! Perhaps I was lucky (I was in Room #108), but the room was nearly perfect. The king-size bed was very comfortable; the furnishings were simple but tasteful; the room was clean and well equipped (good square table with two chairs, good wi-fi, hair dryer, coffee maker, refrigerator, microwave, iron and ironing board, quiet heater/AC unit, in-room safe, good shower head, etc.). The only problems were very minor: sink faucet was a little stiff to operate, towels could have been somewhat softer, clock-radio alarm had not been turned off (I should have checked it so it wouldn't awaken me unexpectedly), TV controls were confusing (the man at the front desk willingly helped us with this) and the channel number for CNN news was not listed (it was #34). A simple but nice breakfast was included; although the coffee was weak to my taste, a fresh pot of stronger coffee was willingly prepared at my request. The late check-out time (11 AM) was most convenient. All in all it was an excellent stay, and very good value for money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

1 Thank Mark W
Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Front desk was very helpful when I check in at night time. Best parking for Turk at this exit. Room was nice and clean with new furniture and new flat screen TV. They have hot continental breakfast. This is second time I stay in this motel in last two months. They offer me special low rate because I am a senior.

Room Tip: Room was nice & clean
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Lous S
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Good size room with two queen beds plus an easy chair. This is an older property which has been refurbished - in general nicely, but cheaply, done. The bed was comfortable. The room and bathroom were clean. There is a good work desk. Good lighting. The wifi was easy to access. LCD TV. Microwave and refrigerator.

Two story building without elevator. Access to the rooms is from the outside. Lots of parking. The front faces a truck stop -- I suggest asking for a room on the backside which is quieter.

The breakfast was pretty meager with mostly individually prepackage items such as muffins, rolls, cereal, etc. - even the slices of bread were prepackaged. Coffee, juice, milk. Cold cereal. Also hot cereal packages to be mixed with hot water.

At check in clerk insisted on making a photocopy of my driver's license, something I strongly resist since it can be a source of ID theft. It was late and I had the choice of allowing the photocopy or finding another place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the backside are quieter since the front faces a truck stop.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family