“Okay, not great”

Howard Johnson Vero Beach/I-95
Ranked #22 of 26 Hotels in Vero Beach
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Good size room with two queen beds plus an easy chair. This is an older property which has been refurbished - in general nicely, but cheaply, done. The bed was comfortable. The room and bathroom were clean. There is a good work desk. Good lighting. The wifi was easy to access. LCD TV. Microwave and refrigerator.

Two story building without elevator. Access to the rooms is from the outside. Lots of parking. The front faces a truck stop -- I suggest asking for a room on the backside which is quieter.

The breakfast was pretty meager with mostly individually prepackage items such as muffins, rolls, cereal, etc. - even the slices of bread were prepackaged. Coffee, juice, milk. Cold cereal. Also hot cereal packages to be mixed with hot water.

At check in clerk insisted on making a photocopy of my driver's license, something I strongly resist since it can be a source of ID theft. It was late and I had the choice of allowing the photocopy or finding another place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the backside are quieter since the front faces a truck stop.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 5, 2013

This is our third trip and I am very happy to stay again. Staffs are always awesome., rooms are. Comfortable, clean and perfect. Hotel did provide truck parking as a trucker I would like to stay again. Thanks to the staff & manager to make my stay special.

Room Tip: Awesome experience
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on on way to Miami, FL. Big mistake! The hotel did provide truck parking (which we needed as we were hauling a boat from New England), but it was also across from the truck stop. To start off check in, the night manager was very rude. The room had been reserved by our boss & was to be paid for on the company credit card. There was a huge hassle with this. You'd think being that close to the trucks top he would have been used to that. Finally we got to our room, which was supposed to be nonsmoking. Yeah right! The wave of stale cigarette smoke hit us like a wall. When we complained & requested another room, we were told there were no nonsmoking rooms. I had a small bottle of Febreeze in my bag and used almost the whole thing trying to make it acceptable for the night. The beds were fine, bathroom was ok, the A/C unit at least pumped in fresh air from the outside. We weren't able to really get much sleep due to the truck stop noise all night. We checked out at 5am, so no idea of the breakfast, but we did have another hassle checking out because my husband had checked us in, she said he needed to check out. I had to argue with her as he was in the middle of doing his pretrip, restraping the boat & doing his log book. Very disappointed in all aspects!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed October 26, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The hotel had a lot of roaches & was not what I had wanted to experience! I was not told anything about continental breakfast!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple