“Truckers & nonsmokers beware!”

Howard Johnson Vero Beach/I-95
Ranked #22 of 27 Hotels in Vero Beach
“Truckers & nonsmokers beware!”
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on on way to Miami, FL. Big mistake! The hotel did provide truck parking (which we needed as we were hauling a boat from New England), but it was also across from the truck stop. To start off check in, the night manager was very rude. The room had been reserved by our boss & was to be paid for on the company credit card. There was a huge hassle with this. You'd think being that close to the trucks top he would have been used to that. Finally we got to our room, which was supposed to be nonsmoking. Yeah right! The wave of stale cigarette smoke hit us like a wall. When we complained & requested another room, we were told there were no nonsmoking rooms. I had a small bottle of Febreeze in my bag and used almost the whole thing trying to make it acceptable for the night. The beds were fine, bathroom was ok, the A/C unit at least pumped in fresh air from the outside. We weren't able to really get much sleep due to the truck stop noise all night. We checked out at 5am, so no idea of the breakfast, but we did have another hassle checking out because my husband had checked us in, she said he needed to check out. I had to argue with her as he was in the middle of doing his pretrip, restraping the boat & doing his log book. Very disappointed in all aspects!

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Vero Beach
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The hotel had a lot of roaches & was not what I had wanted to experience! I was not told anything about continental breakfast!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

1 Thank Jessica R

Travelers are raving about these Vero Beach hotels

ORANGE CITY
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Nice room, especially for the price. Includes internet, fridge and microwave. Only downside was travel plaza across the street, and lack of weatherstripping on my door. Trucks were in and out across the street all night using their engine brake, and the absence of weatherstripping on my door did nothing to keep the noise down. I turned the radio on on slept with on all night, which helped.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business