“Roach Motel” 1 of 5 stars

Howard Johnson Inn Vero Beach / I95
Ranked #20 of 26 Hotels in Vero Beach
“Roach Motel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

We got a great deal on this room, undeer 5@ dlrs. Everyday we had the room it wasn't enuf towels, we called repeatedly about the towels. The tub wouldn' allow a bath. The maid would stop by the room and not come back. Didn't change the sheets, or leave toilet paper or replace the towels. The cockaroach came to visit us on the nightstand, unfortunately we left one day early and forfeited fifty dlrs so that we didn't meet any of his relatives.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank johnsoma

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Grove Hill, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

Professional-looking staff. Room was OK, curtain blocked AC until I weighed it down. TV was supposedly Chinese but it was odd brand and picture looked rough. Bathroom was OK except for a variety of short hairs by grab handle on tub. Asked for receipt when leaving, looked at it when home and it wasn't mine but the charges were OK when I checked on computer. Did not try breakfast.

Room Tip: West side (toward I-95) should be quieter.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

We had reserved two months prior to arrival date, through HOJO reservation office. We reserved two rooms for 8 nights and were given a weekly rate plus one day. We had stayed at this location a year ago and it was suitable for our needs, location mostly. We did notice that it had changed some from the previous year. We were on a family trip and upon arrival we were informed by the Manager that he was not going to honour the reservation rate we were given and the new price was going to be an additional $70.00 a day for the two rooms, we were staying 8 nights. He was rude, unprofessional and even with the intervention of a head office agent, he would not honour the rate given by HOJO. We did not stay and had to find another location which we did. We later found out that by bumping us during March break, he would have two free rooms that he could charge a higher price for. It was a very disappointing and terrible experience that could have spoiled our entire trip. I definitely WOULD NOT recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel!!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lovingtravel247

Travelers are raving about these Vero Beach hotels

Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

Nice place to stay, Manager very very nice, clean. Breakfast was disappointing, only a few Danish and a toaster.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Albert H
Chester, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Easy access off I-95 next toTravel Center of America for refueling gas or diesel and a good restaurant for a tired traveler. Hotel staff are very friendly and will go out of thier way to make your stay a plesant one. Rooms are neat,clean and well kept. Lots of parking area if you are pulling a trailer or camper. Best price in the area.

I highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank realtygroup
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

Took a chance and was pleasantly surprised. My son was playing baseball at Vero Beach Spirts Village (Dodgertown). Place was clean, staff was great, continental breakfast was good, too. Overall, a great experience and I'll be returning in April when my son plays ball in Vero again!

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank Johnconk
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

Got a room through Hotwire at a great rate so was a little worried. The beds were comfy, the rooms clean and quiet and a excellent value. I will stay again should I need a room in the area.

Room Tip: I liked the side facing I95, seemed quieter in back.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family