“Good value - Friendly service”

Howard Johnson Vero Beach/I-95
Ranked #22 of 27 Hotels in Vero Beach
“Good value - Friendly service”
Reviewed October 2, 2011

This hotel is very good value. The staff is friendly and helpful. I would stay here again. This hotel is very good value. The staff is friendly and helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Manasquan
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Once again, in need of tractor trailer parking and a pet friendly hotel, we had stayed here before and what a welcome back! The gentleman at the front desk remembered us, was extremely accomodating and friendly and made us feel like old friends. There is the standard $10 pet fee. The room was fantastic! Neat, clean, odorless, roomy! The beds had plenty of pillows, the furniture was up to date and in excellent condition. There is a fridge, microwave and coffee maker in the rooms and a complimentary breakfast is available. Across the street is a Pilot truck center if you need anything extra. Nice and quiet - spacious - comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel when in the area!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ginny110411
Ithaca, New York
Reviewed March 19, 2011

The man at the front desk was very nice. It is across from a truck stop and everything else in Vero was full or more than $125. It was about $70 without tax and the only reason we did not travel further was we were having dinner with friends. The room had a strong smell of air freshener was strong but not horrible. The bed was actually comfortable. It was just seedy looking. The room was better than I expected because I was expecting something awful.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rlfrom
hojoverobeach, Webmaster at Howard Johnson Vero Beach/I-95, responded to this review, July 7, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Howard Johnson Express Inn Vero Beach. I am glad that you were pleased with your room. Thank you for saying that you found our front desk man to be very nice.

I would have expected nothing less of him, but it is always nice to hear.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of you review, the following action was taken:

• The front desk man was notified of the nice thing you said about him.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Howard Johnson Express Inn Vero Beach. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Travelers are raving about these Vero Beach hotels

GGC
Reviewed February 10, 2011

The very first thing I did upon entering the room was to check the internet connection. It did not work. Upon calling the front desk, I was told someone would be there to assist. After about 15 minutes I had to call back. Then someone did come to my room. He saw that it did not work with my PC. He explained that the network was working fine and he even showed me that his computer did work.

But it did not work for me. (I had used the PC only 3 hours earlier along the highway, so I was very suspicious.) It turned out that the property had multiple access points with the same name. So it appeared that the connection between the network and the PC was "moving" and could not be sustained.

Upon explaining that I could not stay without being able to access the internet, this man told me that the charge for leaving early would be 50% of the room charge. WHAT?

He explained that I had "used" the room and that it couldn't be rented to anyone else. WHAT?

Then he explained that this was Howard Johnson's policy. I called HJ corporate while standing in front of him. They said this was not their policy, but the individual property's. So he was caught in a LIE.

I left and went to a nearby establishment, checked in, and accessed the internet with no problem. So much for my PC being faulty. I called the HJ property immediately and told the same man about the status. He still refused to do anything about the bill.

This is subjective, but it is my feeling. The man became arrogant and almost hostile. It couldn't have been his problem.

Well, as an innkeeper, the guests' problems are his problems. If he doesn't feel that way, he should not be working with the public.

To give Howard Johnson corporate proper credit, they did in fact refund the charge in full. Hopefully they also corrected the management problem at this property.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
hojoverobeach, Webmaster at Howard Johnson Vero Beach/I-95, responded to this review, March 26, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Howard Johnson Express Inn Vero Beach for your recent stay in our area. I am glad to hear that the Howard Johnson corporate gave you your refund in full.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Upon the receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

1) Howard Johnson corporate was informed of your comments about them.

2) Management staff received additional training in the courteous manner in which they are, as our employees, to treat our valued guests.

Michigan
Reviewed May 7, 2010

Very nice rooms. Clean and new. Hotel changed over all new beds in hotel while we were there. (May-2010) Very nice maids. Beds are very comfortable. Free Wifi, cable. Breakfast is very good. Prepackaged foods, cereal in small boxes, not bulk, Milk in small cartons, not gallon for all to share, bagels, donuts, oatmeal, muffins- all packaged. Juice, coffee, ect. Close to I-95, but was not loud at all. Pool was nice, Very happy with stay, will stay there again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed March 23, 2010

I came to Vero for a job interview. Since I was only staying one night, I decided to save some money and book a cheap place. Well, that was a mistake. This place smelled like mildew. The room was drafty and cold. The furniture was dated and poorly maintained. I see no reason to stay here when there are similiarly priced rooms in nicer, cleaner hotels. Never again.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank miumiu4me
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Howard Johnson Express Inn Vero Beach for your recent stay in our area. I hope that your job interview was a productive one.

Thank you for taking the time to give us review, it is greatly appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken:

1) Maintenance staff was appraised of your report of the room being drafty and cold and instructed to look into the matter and see if it could be helped.

2) Housekeeping staff received additional training in meeting the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

Ocala, Florida
Reviewed March 12, 2010

We checked into this hotel because it is across the street from where my fiancee had business to attend to. It was a giant mistake. The staff were very unfriendly and the cleaning lady sent all 3 of her children into my room to vaccum it instead of doing it herself. My daughters shoes also went missing the following day. The pool was very small and just feet away from a dumpster. Overall it's too close to the road, the management was no good, and I ended up cancelling our reservations and switched to the holiday inn express. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank punkfilipina88
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken:

1) The staff received additional training in the courteous manner in which they, as our employees, are to treat our valued guests.

2) Management staff and housekeeping staff were informed that it is not appropriate for the staff members to bring their children to work with them, much less having them help with the work.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose Howard Johnson Express Inn Vero Beach. I think you will be greatly pleased.