My wife and I stayed here for two nights while visiting Vero Beach. This is a great location but the HoJo, as they call it, is lacking. Keep in mind that this HoJo is a franchise and is not owned by the original owners.
Pros: budget pricing, discounts on local Boston Market and Sonics across the street, close to the beach without staying on the beach itself. Coffee maker with packets of coffee and tea in the room. Easy to find from the hw. Entertainment brochures in the lobby.
* Dirty bedsheets upon check-in, but was immedietly corrected after informing the front desk
* Room layout and appliances were outdated and dirty. You had to wiggle the shower nozzle a particular way to get the hot water. The toilet paper was messy upon check-in, most hotels will wrap it up or provide a new roll for new guests. Poor lighting due to a huge ugly and dirty curtain in front of the sliding glass door/window. Lights in the room were poor and the switches for them were in unusuable places. The bathroom was also outdated and cramped for an American hotel.
* Continental breakfast was very very basic, we wanted some fruit.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn - Vero Beach / Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn Downtown Vero Beach Hotel Vero Beach
- Howard Johnson Vero Beach
- Vero Beach Howard Johnson