“Needs some tweaking, but beautiful location.”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Vero Beach - Oceanside
Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Vero Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Amanda, Ohio
“Needs some tweaking, but beautiful location.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

Second trip to this property. We stayed in the suites and adjoining rooms overlooking the ocean. Beautiful! (The view that is). The hotel has a prime location but should SERIOUSLY invest in some upkeep/renovations!!. FYI, NEVER leave food out or you may have univited guests. We dealt with Joe at the desk. He was extremely helpful with some of our room reservation mishaps. He made sure all our needs were met and then some. The housekeeping staff was very kind and accommodating as well. The owner(s) of this hotel should try to keep in some sort of competition with the surrounding hotels.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

I love Holyday Inn hotels. When I am looking for Hotels, if I come across Holiday inn no second thought, I will go ahead and book it.

First of all this Hotel doen't look like it belongs to Holiday inn. Probably Holiday inn aquired some local hotel and put nice sign board. This hotel looks like 1 star MOTEL....looks very ugly, every room is open to outside, Carpet in room is very dirty, Paint is very old, pretty OK type front desk folks. There are lot to write about...

I would never recommend this Hotel to any one. Honestly Holiday Inn should not be proud to own this at all (I do not want to use harsh language since I love Holiday Inn hotels)

Room Tip: I don't recommend this hotel unless they remodel it.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Vero Beach hotels

Goose Creek, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

old hotel, room was dirty, building in major need of paint, hard to find a place to park, sheets were not changed the 4 days I was there. Wish I had taken pictures to post. go somewhere else

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank denise j
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Vero Beach - Oceanside, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Dear denise j,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012 via mobile

Second time in this dump in three years. WOW... I won't go into the front desk experience, let's just say the person I got hadn't completed his training. His counter part had checked in my father an hour before, but he couldn't find that on the computer. The room was your standard two queen beds, on the beach. You know the room that gets tracked in with sand and pool water 24/7/365... Well, I live I Florida and understand this, but when the only bathroom sink doesn't drain for 5 minutes, and the shower needs a washcloth to turn on the shower itself because the handlers to tight to turn. Hmmmmm.
I'm a priority club member with Holiday Inn, but that only got me a free bottle of water and cookies and crackers. I would have preferred a room that worked better. Now I'm not saying this place is a complete dump, but for $181 a night, come on. I was next door to my parents, so I didn't want to raise holly heck and move across the hotel. Their room, by the way had the same issues. IT'S TIME FOR A REFURBISHING THIS HOTEL.
Oh and the is called Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites? I guess the suites might be in better condition, but at what cost.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank LLWAS
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Vero Beach - Oceanside, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Dear LLWAS,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Member and for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. Rest assured that your comments about the bathroom sink has been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Vero Beach.

Janice A.
Case Manager
IHG Care
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

We landed here trying to outrun TS Beryl.. Staff had an oceanside room for us even though central reservations said they were booked- always stop in and ask if you are stuck! It was completely fine and shared the same beach as the $500/night hotel 2 doors down. Room was renovated and quiet. It is next to Mulligans which may or may not suit, but they had drinks and food w/o driving. Some fried food smell did waft on the beach. Only downside is a slight bit of cans around and cups from Mulligans, but honestly it was easy to overlook. The location is great and the town is adorable and walkable. Would be good for family with kids. Pool appeared clean. Douwe Egberts coffee in lobby. At the end of the day it is a Holiday Inn Express (no breakfast at this location) but you can't beat the location, staff and price.

Room Tip: if you go poolside you risk noise from swimmers. If you go oceanside, you risk kids playing on grass...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

My family of 4 stayed at this holiday inn while overnighting in Vero Beach. We requested an Oceanside view due to many of the other reviews posted. We arrived early and got 2 full days and one night right on the beach. The room was one the first floor and right on the beach, which was great for us. We have a 3 year old and a 1 year old. If we would have had to pack up the car every time we wanted to go to the beach our trip would have been much shorter. The Ocean view rooms are newly renovated and met our expectations for cleanliness and comfort and allowed us to enjoy the short weekend.

• Stayed May 2012
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

Couldn't ask for a better location... right on the beach and attached to Mulligan's. There are lounge chairs on the lawn in front of the beach and Mulligan's also has outdoor tables and adirondack chairs with food and bar service. We had a bit of a problem with our room when we got there, but even though we were checking in late, Joe Senkow at the front desk was more than willing to accommdate us and helped to make our stay more enjoyable. We would definitely stay here again. I would highly recommend going for an oceanview room.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family