“Best kept secret”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Vero Beach - Oceanside
Ranked #15 of 26 Hotels in Vero Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Still one of the best kept secrets in Vero beach and one of my favorite stays. We came up for the weekend and staff always very friendly. Room has all the comforts and the hotel sits on the ocean! Add that to the fact that they are attached to mulligans, bar and food readily available, and we didn't need to go anywhere else. Love to walk the area and the beach. Great value as well. There are better hotels in the area but this has everything we want at a great price on the ocean

Stayed: March 2012

Reviewed March 31, 2012

I am not a chain hotel fan but this one goes right to the top of the list:

1) location, location, location - right between Vero's quaint main street and the ocean
2) price was right: $110 for 2 queen beds
3) spacious, clean, good A/C and water pressure
4) pleasant staff
5) great breakfast at adjoining restaurant

Best was the outdoor seating, comfy Adirondack chairs and chaise lounges overlooking the beach, and the fine beach itself: fantastic for a dip or a long walk.

My stays are usually one nighters so the room-with-a-view does not weigh into my review. However, even with a parking lot side room we could still see the ocean.

All in all, as good as it gets - no luxury, just reasonably priced and completely enjoyable!

Reviewed March 30, 2012

My friends and I stayed here the days of March 24-26. We had a great time. Big KUDOS to Frank, Christian, Jon & (Extra Points) Security Guard Mike! Wonderful set of Staff! We got upgraded to a Executive Suite facing the pool! Nice and Spacious. The only thing I would have to complain is that the phone didn't work, the hotel outside garnish is nothing to please and there was a millepede or centipede in our room crawling behind the head board on our wall. Now I know this is Florida and all, but I just hope it didn't get in our luggage. The hotel just need a serious renovation. But the beach is right there. Beautiful sunrise! The restaurant is kind of pricey.

Room Tip: Make sure you park early! Parking gets kind of slim.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Vero Beach - Oceanside, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

Dear CHylton86,

Thank you for your kind words about our staff. It is always nice to hear when you are doing a good job. We will make sure to pass along your compliments to the management. I so apologize a bug got into your room. Even though we are on the beach, we are very proud of our level of cleanliness. Please let us know right away if this happens on your next visit.

Thank you again and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed March 29, 2012

Great location, right on the beach & walking distance to restaurants & shops. The front desk staff was excellent especially, Joe Semkow who gave us a nice poolside room,recommended places to eat, and convinced me to sign up for their Priority Club (free) - we got a goody bag & late checkout (3 extra hours at the beach) because of it. We stayed 2 nights, then renewed for 2 more nights & then added 1 more night. Our 19 year old daughter (on spring break from Colorado) was very happy with it also & chose to stay right there instead of staying in Orlando on the additional nights.

Reviewed March 28, 2012

I would rate this in the bottom three hotels I've ever stayed at.
Check in was slow and the staff although friendly were unhelpful.
When we went to the room it was damp, musty smelling, stained carpet, but just barely clean. We were on the inner courtyard, second floor, in the corner near the elevators. There was a hall flourescent light that shone into our room 24 hours a day and it was noisy. Not condusive to sleeping. When I went to the front desk to complain and ask for another room, I was told flatly that their were no other rooms available. The staff, I could tell, didn't care. I had been driving for 32 hours so I had to sleep and too tired to look for another hotel.

We went to dinner in the restaurant in the building, reasonable decor, my food was ok. My girlfriend only ate part of her dinner, said it didn't taste right and left the rest. By 8:00 p.m. she was vomiting and was sick for that night and all the next day. It was the food at the restaurant.

The bed was lumpy and musty smelling. The A/C system was noisy and stunk.(It helped drown out the noise from the outside hall) When I went to the front desk to ask for an extra blanket so I could put it over the window to block the light of the hall flourescent light, I was told their were none. I took the blanket off the bed, hung it over the curtain rod and spent a miserable night. We left next day as soon as my girlfriend was well enough to drive, about 7:30 a.m. I should have slept in my car. It would have been way better.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank iantc
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Vero Beach - Oceanside, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2012

Dear iantc,

Thank your for bringing this to our attention. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message with detailed information. I look forward to hearing back
from you very soon.

Reviewed March 24, 2012

I agree this is a mixed bag experience. Service was poor and not very friendly. Restaurant is expensive and trendy as opposed to family friendly. Pool area was fine. Beach access was wonderful! I reserved through a third party service and ended up in a reasonably priced room on North side. I was treated accordingly. My door opened to the parking lot! Quite unexpected for a Holiday Inn. There are inside, poolside and ocean side rooms also. My room was not clean it only appeared clean. Just dont look in the corners or behind anything because the cleaning is superficial. I guess a perfect room on this same beach would cost 250 a day plus so all and all I did get a good value for my money. I had a wonderful time at the beach and in the area.

Reviewed March 22, 2012

There are nicer and cleaner Holiday Inns, but you can not beat the location. It is on Vero Beach and walking distance to everything in the barrier island's village. There is a restaurant attached that is a popular, if noisy, spot, which has adirondack chairs and umbrella's with ocean views. Check in staff was not particularly friendly or helpful. He forgot to put the parking stub in with our keys, so we were almost towed. Others on staff tried harder to please. Room was adequate, but a little musty (it's near the ocean, so that's no surprise). Even though we were right off the pool, it remained fairly quiet. It was during Spring Break, so we expected more noise. Mostly families, rather than college students. The room we had had a king bed that was like sleeping on a wooden floor, though, so be prepared.
It's expensive for a Holiday Inn, but they have a prime spot.

1  Thank Leighdee30
IHGCare, Guest Relations Case Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Vero Beach - Oceanside, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

Dear Leighdee30,

Thank you for your review and for your stay. I am sorry that we fell below your expectations. We are hospitality professionals and strive to be the best. Your comments will be looked into. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, Please do not hesitate to let us know.

Case Manager