“Absolutely Aweful! Won't return!”
Review of Italian Grill

Italian Grill
Ranked #11 of 325 Restaurants in Vero Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Vero Beach, Florida
“Absolutely Aweful! Won't return!”
Reviewed February 1, 2011

As a local that has been patronizing this place for years...I gave it a second shot and will not return.

Had birthday lunch with 2 guests. Tthe seafood medley special was bland, the seafood was overcooked and it had one shrimp and a few tiny scallops. The bread was cold. My guests agreed.

The waitress wasn't rude, but she was not friendly...not friendly at all. It was a chore for her to repeat the specials. She did not smile, not once. Additionally, it was a birthday lunch with presents in tow and she did not even inquire about the occasion. Rude in my opinion.

They don't have sweet tea or lemonade (my guest wanted an Arnold Palmer). Our bill with unsweetened teas were $50 for lunch. A complete waste of money.

Its a shame, as this used to be the premier italian restuarant in Vero for years. I see why they built the bar; patrons need to be drunk to palette the food.

I suggest Amalfi's its has wonderful food and great atomsphere. I would even a recommend a chain like Carrabas as their food is much much better.

• Visited February 2011
3 Thank mercedes33444

Melbourne Beach, Florida, USA
“LOVE the new Bar, Love the food!”
Reviewed September 6, 2010

We had been there last year for a private party and we loved it! So we went back recently and saw the new bar and outdoor area! LOVED IT! Great drinks!

The service was impeccable and the staff was extremely helpful, willing to answer all the questions we had and accommodate some requests. I had the Mussels and they were amazing, followed with a great Ceasar Salad, crisp and fresh with Anchovies!

My hubby had penne ala vodka (he orders this every time he sees it in any menu) and said it was one of the best he had. Let me note he was born and raised in Italy and is usually a very harsh food critic, only his mom's cooking is perfect. But he enjoyed it and I am sure we will be back for more soon. I can still taste those mussels!

Melbourne
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not good at all !!”
Reviewed July 26, 2010

after reading revs about this rest,my wife and I decided to give it a try ,she ordered chicken with pasta and I ordered Mahi and shrimp with pasta;the chicken was like a leather shoe,tough, my fish tasteless and the pasta came from the fridge to the microwave to the plate...it was greasy and just awful.This is the worst Italian(?) restaurant by far we have been in;it just make me wonder about the people that gave great reviews : where do they eat?

Sebastian, Florida
“Love, Love, Love, The Italian Grill, Yum!”
Reviewed June 30, 2010

What a great restaurant! Everything is so fresh and made to order. Service was fab. I had the shrimp imperial and I can't wait to go back and have it again!!!!

Vero Beach, Florida
“Fresh, Simple. Cooked to order & Always Great !!!”
Reviewed May 2, 2010

We eat @ the Italian Grill over 20 times a year. We are locals who cherish great hand cooked Italian food. I have been in the kitchen & seen the Sauce being made. Yes, the sauce is made here daily. These guys really know how to create great food to match the diners expectations. There simply is no compromise in quality from the real salad & garlic to the always fresh seafood. The simple menu tempts the diner with a vast array of taste & flavors. I like the chicken Antonio and fresh salad with the carafe of endless brewed tea. See me there on Friday nites @ my front table enjoying the best meal in Vero Beach. always best regards, Brifro

1 Thank milring