“Love Love Love this place” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Italian Grill

Italian Grill
Ranked #9 of 318 Restaurants in Vero Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Vero Beach, Florida, United States
“Love Love Love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

I've had the pleasure of dining at the Italian Grill at least once a month for several years now. I can't say enough good things about the food and staff. They always go out of their way to accommodate me and my family. My favorite meal is the veal parm but when I'm in a healthier mood, the grilled chicken and vegetables hits the spot. It's a pleasure from start to finish every time I walk in the door. Btw, I'm a bonafide fat boy and can rarely finish the large portions. I've gone in dressed up and other times strait from work. Always felt right at home. I take clients, employees and dates as well as family. No mater the occasion it's always a good choice.

pembroke pines florida
“Unexpected treasure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

A friend of mine suggested eating at the Italian Grill when I was on vacation in Sebastian. When I got there, I was a bit leery, since it did not look like anything special from the road. it is in a strip shopping center, and I honestly had thought "Oh, another little pizza place." I could not have been more wrong!

As soon as we walked in I knew we had made a good choice. The smell of garlic wafted through the air, and the place was packed on a Wednesday night. Everyone looked to be enjoying their enormous platters of food.

My friend and I each ordered pasta fagioli soup to start instead of the salad. It was an additional $3.25 or so , but we were fine with that. The bowl came piping hot and was huge. It was filled with pasta, beans, delicious broth and ham or bacon chunks on top. That alone would have been enough for dinner. I ordered a dish that had grilled chicken, sausage and shrimp over skillet pasta. The chicken and sausage were sliced very thinly, and the whole dish was seasoned perfectly. I could not finish it! My friend ordered pasta Arabiata with a delicious fresh tomato sauce. We were too full for dessert, but both had decaf cappuccino. It was honestly the most delicious cappuccino I had ever had.

Too bad it is 2 hours from home. It would become a favorite if I lived locally. I am already planning to stop there when I am "passing through" Vero!

Berlin, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

Have been to the Italian Grill many times. The food is excellent and the portions are plentiful. The house made garlic dressing is to die for. My travel companion would drink it. The atmosphere is very good. The wait staff is very attentive. The boss comes by to see if everything is good, have seen him bus tables and to set up during busy times. Great place.

“Over cooked pasta!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

The salad was fresh and crisp, lacked some imagination , like Agee few garbanzo beans an olive and a peprochini
I ordered a pasta dish, calamari -scungeli fra diavlo
The sauce was good maybe a little heavy on the garlic & I'm a garlic fan. The calamari was very good the scungeli was fresh out of the can.
The worst part of the dish was the pasta, very badly overcooked as if it were cooked earlier and over cooked then dropped again to heat it up. I asked if I could order aldente on a future visit and the waiter said no problem, but didn't inquire as to my dish being good.
My wife had eggplant parm and it was good. Her pasta was better than mine but still overdone. I would consider returning and giving it another go, certainly asking for al dente pasta!!

michigan
“Good with huge portions.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

Ate here this evening, and picked it based on Tripadvisor reviews. First, we were dressed in shorts and t-shirts, so when we entered, I asked right away if we were under dressed. Nice hostess said that we were just fine and found us a table. Looked to be some nicely dressed people as well as some casually dressed folks too.

After sitting down, our waitress immediately go drinks and took our order in a timely manner. very nice server named katie and was on top of things the whole meal.

Concerning the food, the potions are HUGE! I mean HUGE. We are from out of town and didn't know this, but we would have either asked for half portions or split some between our kids and even the adults. Since we are from out of town, we couldn't take the left overs with us, but I'm sure locals get a meal or two the next day by taking them home.

Food quality was good. The bread served at the table was great, salad fresh and we really loved the creamy garlic dressing they serve. Entrees were varied, concerning taste. Two in the party had some of the seafood dishes and loved them. I tasted them as well and thought they were really good. Another person had lasagna and it was tasty. I had the spaghetti and meatballs, and this dish is why I give the Italian Grill a 4 instead of a 5. It wasn't bad per se, but lacked a bit of taste in both the sauce and the meatball. Bland may be the word to describe it.

Also, had the half moon mozzarella appetizer and this was good too. Not the absolute best I've ever had, but in the top 25%.

In regards to recommendations for a family with small children, I would say yes, IF your children can handle a bit nicer sit down meal. There was just a bit of time between courses, so the kids need to be well behaved and able to fill some time. I would say the time between course was appropriate for the style of restaurant.

Overall, considering the huge portion size and the bread and salad. Add in some really good dishes and an average one. A very nice, qualified, and timely server. I'm giving the Italian Grill a 4 out of 5.

1 Thank canoe86