“More than subs! Truly GREAT homemade pickles.”
Review of The Twisted Pickle

The Twisted Pickle
Ranked #90 of 324 Restaurants in Vero Beach
Sebastian, Florida
“More than subs! Truly GREAT homemade pickles.”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This sub shop has been open for a few months. Today I finally stopped in and I was so pleased with the quality of the food. I ordered the special panini of the day, "Julie's Very Veggie." This sandwich was delicious -- Artichokes, roasted peppers, red onions, fresh basil, mixed greens, fresh mozzarella, Lemon Olive Oil, and balsamic vinegar. Frankly I wasn't even hungry when I stopped in, but when I got home I devoured it! While I was there, I tried their soup of the day, "Mayan." This veggie soup was rich: melted cheese, fresh veggies, cilantro, avocado - WOW! (Yes, I am a vegetarian.) So, for all the meat eaters they obviously have many choices like a cuban sandwich with pulled pork, black forest ham, and swiss cheese. They also have a Philly cheese, German pork sub, and "Ben's New Yorker" with pastrami. They offer cold subs (made to order), hot subs, and salads too. I plan to get the "Tom's Toasted Sesame Shrimp" on my next visit. Oh! Their pickles are wonderful. Most of their items are homemade: tuna salad, egg salad, chicken salad, soups, coleslaw, pasta salad, potato salad, and pickles. I bought a small container of the spicy garlic and onion pickle chips. So good! The staff was friendly and welcoming. Everyone was so nice even though they were quite busy at 2pm!
They deliver. Take out only - no seating available. Prices range from $5-$9. Closed on Sat and Sunday. Open 10am-4pm every weekday. Just a 1/4 mile south of SR510, or the Sebastian Inlet (Wabasso) bridge, on the east side of US HWY 1.

• Visited May 2014