“New Discovery” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in Vero Beach
Freeport, Bahamas
“New Discovery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed here one night in June 2012 on an overnight trip.

This was our first stay at COuntry Inn and Suites and we enjoyed it. THe hotel is right off of I95 and next to an outlet shopping mall.

The lobby has hot tea/chocolate available all night along with cookies. It is a welcome treat.

The room had two queen beds along with a sitting area. It was really comfortable.

Free breakfast is offered that includes waffles, cereals and oats. It was a surprise that they had no scrambled eggs.

Would stay there again.

Room Tip: You may want to ask for one not facing the highway.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sun_sand_and_sea

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This is an average country inn and suites. The room was okay. We had a suite, so it had a separate living room and a wet bar and two TV's. The hotel could use a bit of updating. The front desk lady was very nice and personable! The breakfast was decent. The hotel is not very close to the beach at all and is right by an outlet mall, but has very easy access to I-95.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Scott D, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Vero Beach-I-95, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thanks for the great comments! Our location to the Outlets & Restaurants nearby is a great asset to your property! Within walking distance!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

While visiting with my family recently, I found the Country Inn and Suites at Vero Beach West to be clean and modern. The friendly staff were very accomodating - especially the young lady (I forgot her name) that ran the breakfast bar.

Unlike the other area hotels that had pancake makers, this particular place had a waffle maker that would make a fresh waffle in about two minutes. With three small kids, having an all-inclusive breakfast bar is not only helpful but a real money saver. I look for this in a hotel when booking my stay.

Besides the breakfast bar, there is a business center, pool, workout room and free wi-fi. Although the speed was not what I am used to, you don't come to a hotel for the computer access.

Conveniently located to I-95 and the West Vero corridor that includes the outlet mall, I would return to this location again. I disagree with other ratings that complain about parking. Between the hotel, neighbor hotels and restaurants and the outlet mall itself, you should have no problem in parking whatever type of vehicle you are driving.

/s/ William E. Lewis Jr, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 4BillLewis
Vero Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

stayed at this hotel three different times in Feb-Mar-Apr as we were househunting in Vero Beach. Nice hotel with great staff. Dog friendly that was a must. located by the outlet mall at the exit on I95 next to several fast food resturanrs and a Cracker Barrel. Short drive into Vero or to the beaches.

Room Tip: Even numbered room are on the I95 entrance ramp side with some road noise. Better to get a odd numbe...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank glassman72
Thank You for your great comments! Our Staff is one of the Best!
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My family of five booked a suite for one night, but when we arrived it was just a single room. We asked if we could switch to a suite and were told that the suite wouldn't provide us with any more room, there would be less room. This was hard to believe, but it was late at night, they brought in a cot for us and we just went to sleep. If we had to be in the room for any extended time it would have been awful because we were so on top of each other. I am certain we have stayed in Country Inns before where we had a bedroom and then a separate room with a pull out couch. Maybe just this one was different, but I will be much more careful booking at a Country Inn & Suites next time.
Breakfast had plenty to offer, some healthy options for me, fattening stuff for my husband and junk for the kids.
The gym was really crappy. I think Country Inns buy the worst workout equipment and then don't care when it breaks. One bike that was cheap, a broken elliptical and a treadmill.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

stayed for 2 nights while visiting family in vero beach. Just a wonderful hotel from the friendly staff to the 2 room suite (2 tvs) to the breakfast room. we enjoyed it. the property sits right next to the outlet mall in vero and has a cracker barrel in the same area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Scott D, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Vero Beach-I-95, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Thank you! We are very lucky to not only have one of the best locations, but we have some of the best employees to help make our property one of the best in Vero Beach!