“Starting new Job - Multiple Night Stays” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Vero Beach
Lakeland, Florida
“Starting new Job - Multiple Night Stays”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I recently took a new job in Vero Beach. I found this hotel through Expedia and booked it. Upon arrival and during my stay I was very impressed with the cleanliness and appeal of the public areas and my room. The staff I met throughout the hotel were very friendly and cordial. Especially enjoyed the free breakfast and conversation with the staff, it made being away from my family easier.
For the price and convenience, I have been very pleased, I will be returning to this hotel as I continue to look for rental property...
Only item for consideration: Freezer within room, mini fridge worked, but a freezer would be more accommodating.

Thanks!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Hamilton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

We used a coupon from the discount books found at the welcome station. The room was $59 for the night although the pet charge of $25 for the stay was a bit steep. We stayed in room 268 which faces the highway. Imagine our surprise when we heard nothing. We has a pleasant stroll around the vero factory outlet, at the recommendation of the front desk drove east on 60 to get a pizza from ninos (excellent) then back to the room after a swim for a shower and sleep before the next leg of our journey. Warning. The alarm may not be enough to wake you. Even the dog didn't want to get up. The breakfast buffet was very generous and there were bags to go for hurried travelers. This hotel rates a 10 as far as I am concerned.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank filickar
Sheffield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was a return visit, we spent 3 nights here in August and it was not as good as experience as last August's stay. On checking in the person on reception was not at all friendly, it seemed as we were a disturbance to what she was doing. Couple of times we asked reception questions and there were not friendly or helpful.
The room looked very dark and dowdy, the wallpaper border was hanging off the wall. The towels in the bathroom could do with being renewed as not very thick.
Breakfast is OK with good selection of items.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Scott D, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Vero Beach-I-95, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback on our property. This is a great learning tool for our staff. We are in the process of removing each room’s wall boarder as well as re-painting all of our guest rooms and adding beautiful new artwork. We will continue to improve thru training and our product upgrades!
Orlando, Florida, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My wife and I recently spent 2 nights at the Country Inn & Suites in Vero Beach, Florida. We generally try to stay at this chain whenever we travel in Florida because we've had such good experiences in the past. Unfortunately, this visit did not live up to par. We belong to Club Carlson Hotel Reward System, and have accumulated a lot of points which we wanted to apply towards our bill. The points did, in fact, reduce our costs quite a bit. However, we were left wondering whether we were given this particular room because we were using a combination of points and cash or are all the rooms the same.

Check-in was fine and we were happy to get a first floor room. Yet, upon entering the room, my wife noticed a number of issues. First, there was a musty odor in the room. We attributed that to the AC being set on low, so we raised it to a high-cool. The odor improved slightly. Then, my wife noticed that the bathroom lighting fixture was very dusty, as if it had not been cleaned in a long time. I had to go to the front desk to get a light bulb to replace one which had burned out in a lamp next to the bed. The bed, a king-size, was disappointingly lumpy. The bed was also dressed in a heavy quilt, a dust collector which is outdated in most hotels. In addition, the flat screen TV had a very poor picture, and the Wi-Fi internet was intermittent, at best; I was constantly kicked off applications when using my IPad. This might be due to the Direct TV they use; regardless, the system was very poor.

Now, on to the food. We had 2 breakfasts there, and were very disappointed. Other CI & Suites have provided quality food. Not this one. The eggs were silver-dollar sized and appeared to be microwaved from precooked frozen eggs. Very unappetizing. The oatmeal was runny. The only good solid food was the make-your-own waffles. The bagels were pre-packaged in cellophane, and on the second morning, the orange juice was watery and tasted like Tang!

Perhaps this hotel needs some tweaking and it might improve. We were not happy with our stay since we have had good experiences in the past with Country Inn & Suites.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank John A
Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a night on our way to Orlando...
It was a nice hotel, beds ok and breakfast was fine.
I love the touch of the rockers out front of the hotel...We sat outside talking to this old man from Alabama and he was a hoot to talk to.
If you are into shopping...the outlets are just a 2 min. walk from the hotel and there are bargains to be had there :)
I give it 5 stars!

Room Tip: To be honest...I don't think there is a bad room here...we stayed at the back where the highway...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Scott D, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Vero Beach-I-95, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thank You very much for the great comments. As a staff we all need to work hard to make it work great for you, our gusts. Our staff goes above an beyond as you can see. We always have room for improvement!
Ranst
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Nice hotel, the lady at the reception was very helpful in finding us a good place to eat.
Rooms are spacious but I thought the cleaning should be better.
Good value for money.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Snellville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed for 5 nights and was very surprised at how much was offered for the price. It was an excellent experience. The lobby was comfortable , breakfasts were good, hotel staff was friendly and helpful and the rooms were clean and spacious. I will definitely stay again. The only negative was the pool is small...but it was clean and we did enjoy it.
I told the staff to pass on my opinion that signage is poor. (It is right next to Hampton Inn)

Room Tip: Request a room in the quiet area of the hotel. 3rd floor of this hotel has great views of trees.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Vero Beach-I-95, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Thank You very much for the great comments! We have been hard at work at the property and it’s starting to show. We just received our 2011 Presidents Award trophy for the top 10% of all Country Inn’s. The staff has been a key to our success, and they continue to shine at our property.