We booked this hotel because we are relocating to the area. To reduce our total costs, we chose this hotel above the others nearby because they accept pets. Under "services" on their website, it said that they waive the $25 pet fee. We thought this would be a great savings for us since we would not need to put our pet in a kennel. Upon check in, my husband was told that in order for the fee to be waived that we would need to book through them and pay the full price. The site only said to call if we had questions and we did call to ask if we could book on a discounted website instead of through them. We were told it was not a problem. We were also told that we did not specify that we were bringing a pet, which we did in the comment section on the booking website. My husband asked the clerk how that was our fault.
They did honor the waiving of the fee but not without a hassle and we did not get a doggie gift bag. What is bothersome is that the price we paid was $5 less than the hotels online nondiscounted price and we still had the hassle as if we did something wrong. The hotel needs to be more clear, especially when called about booking with a pet. I guess if you pay $5 less then no doggie treats for our Rocky.
This was our first time staying in this chain and it will be our last.
Details about the hotel:
Cons- 1. Not clean. Huge cobweb with spider or egg sac...was not getting a close up...in the corner above bed and dust bunnies on the lamp, again next to the bed. When you see such obvious signs of dust, just how clean is the room really? 2. Smelled bad. Overuse of deodorizer and room had the underlying smell of urine. I am not sure if there are designated pet rooms or not but the smells are not pleasant, though I have a sensitive nose. I did wear flip flops the whole 3 days since the carpet stunk and that made me question it's cleanliness. 3. Cig stains on the sink and cig hole burns in the curtains and stains on them. 4. Room was overly humid. I know it is Florida but this was the most humid room that I have stayed in.
Pros- 1. King room was pretty spacious 2. Location off of 95 and the grounds were nice, felt very safe but then again so were the other hotels nearby. 3. Breakfast was pretty good. Quite a few choices. Hardly ever had the choc chip cookies, not sure who was eating them all as the hotel was nearly empty. Finally got a few late on the last night that we stayed. But aren't having them a signature for this hotel chain?
Definitely not the worst place but if I didn't have to travel with a pet, I would not stay here. There are places at a comparable price that are cleaner. Nobody wants to stay in a room with obvious signs of uncleanliness. It makes you question everything. I think they need to inspect this room with a black light. The cleaning lady was good with towels and the bed but whomever is in charge is not inspecting the rooms.
I did feel that the older guests were treated more nicely than those who were younger, especially the gentleman we saw at breakfast each morning who seemed like a regular. One of the breakfast ladies did special favors for him but never even offered a good morning to us. My husband who never notices things like that made a comment to me about it later in the day. It seems this chain is for the older crowd.
I don't leave poor reviews for an apology or discount, only to help others make an informed decision and for the hotel to make improvements if they choose. Our room needs a good scrubbing, dusting, and new wall border...it is peeling off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new Country Inn & Suites Vero Beach hotel welcomes you to our beautiful sunny Florida surroundings. You may want to shop until you drop at The Outlets at Vero Beach that are within walking distance from the hotel, or at Indian River Mall just a quick drive along Highway 60. Vero Beach is also the perfect destination for exploring Florida's Treasure Coast Atlantic Ocean beaches including Sebastian Inlet State Park and Turtle Trail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Carlson, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Orbitz so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Vero Beach-I-95 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites Vero Beach / i-95 Hotel Vero Beach
- Country Inn And Suites Vero Beach / i-95
- Country Inn Vero Beach
- Vero Beach Country Inn