“A great deal with a great venue!!”

Prestige Hotel Vero Beach
Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in Vero Beach
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I discovered Vero Beach in the 1980's and have enjoyed all of my many stays at the Aquarius. The older style and the clean facility and affordable rates make it my best pick of beach vacation spots. A hotel room, with a kitchenette, nicely landscaped area & poolside and a few steps away from one of cleanest, uncrowded beaches you'll find on the East coast of Florida.

Room Tip: Book early and spend a few more dollars on the larger rooms facing the ocean. Well worth it.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Steve F

Reviewed March 27, 2012

This is not a usual review. Here is my story, I booked this Hotel some months ago as it was recommended by a friend who stayed there. Three days prior to going down to Florida my airline went Bankrupt. I called the Front Desk and spoke to Theresa and explained my predicament. She said if they could re book the room they would rebate me. They have a 30 day cancellation policy and they were within their rights to keep my money. As last minute flights from Toronto were very expensive we decided to do a last minute all inclusive to Mexico instead ( I just posted a very positive review on the Royal Decameron Complex in Riviera Nayarit on Trip Advisor).

I just got back and opened a letter from the Aquarius, Vero Beach and in it was a Visa rebate. I just wanted people out there to know how honorable the Management are. They could easily have kept my money, how was I to know if they were able to re book or not?

By the way, a couple of friends were there the week before we were to arrive and they just loved the Hotel and Beach. They also said it was within walking distance to great shopping, restaurants and bars.

We will visit Vero Beach soon, guess where we will be staying?

Thank you Theresa and the Aquarius Oceanfront Resort, Vero Beach.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
10  Thank 54partyguy
Reviewed March 16, 2012

A great spot on the beach in Vero Beach. Management makes all guests feel welcome and 'part of a family'. Regular guests have been visiting for years! We were definitely newcomers but never made to feel so. Great staff and ownership.

• Stayed: March 2012
4  Thank IP3806
Reviewed February 21, 2012

This is an older property but clean spacious rooms with a fully equiped kitchen. It was a great value compared to other hotels with beach front access. We were greated with a smile and a complimentary basket of snacks for our room. There are 3 upscale restaurants within a short walking distance and a pizza place that delivers. The best part was that the beach was literally just steps away. The pool was also very clean if you prefer to swim in fresh water. My only complaint was the internet. They claimed to have free wifi(which is one of the reasons we chose this property) but the signal was so weak that if you were able to connect you were almost immediately disconnected. Overall though, a nice place to stay for a couple days. This isn't really a place for families with children as there is nothing to do except the beach, pool and shuffleboard with nothing else within walking distance.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank kadoc1964
Reviewed February 11, 2012

This is misrepresented in the pictures. The hotel is old, one thing I will give it is it is clean.
However if you are 35 or younger, the front desk lady will treat you poorly, as most people who stay here are 60 plus. You are not allowed to take the decent chairs to lay out on to the beach, only the dollar store ones that don't fold out. The parking lot is very hard to navigate out of. We as younger people felt discriminated against by the front desk lady. We caused no problems here. I am sorry I stayed here, and will never come back. The only people were nice to us were the housekeepers.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank michelle f
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Outstanding value on the water in Vero Beach. Rooms are clean, tidy, well-equipped, well maintained, especially for a not-new property.
Management cares.
Staff are competent, courteous, friendly, outrageously accommodating. They treat guests like friends - how refreshing.

Room Tip: Choose second or third floor (no elevator), closer to the water is better, sort of.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Decided at last minute to stay on Vero Beach, since I had business the next day. Gracious desk person, clean facilities, awkward parking (you have to back out completely to street). Room was clean, spacious, and I could easily see spending a week on vacation at this hotel. Older facility that has been meticulously maintained. Access to beach was easy and the swing at the edge of property was priceless for view of Atlantic. Location is south of the "activity hub" of Vero Beach but not a deal breaker. Will stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room toward rear of property next to pool.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business