I booked my reservation through Travelocity.com (#12388xxxxx2), we stayed at the hotel 3/8/2014, room 105, in your Ocean Suite King.
Upon arrival, the personnel we met were wonderful, we believed that our stay was going to be terrific; however, within one half hour we began to experience another set of circumstances which quickly change our hotel stay from exception to less than exception to BIG mistake.
The first problem was our room was not what we expected. While we did book an ocean front we were giving part ocean front and part dinning room/patio setting which obstructed our view of the ocean and worse no privacy for relaxing on the porch area.
In addition, the room we had was for handicap persons; this meant we were not getting a rain shower and bathtub, just a stand-up shower which was designed for a wheelchair/handicap person. Not the romantic escape we planned!
I contacted the customer relations desk, since the telephone connection was so static, I had to walk to the front desk after three attempts to resolve my concerns by telephone.
Upon arriving at the front desk, the receptionist was made aware of my call and concerns about the room; the receptionist informed me he needed to contact his manager to find a solution to my problem, then he went to the back office.
Several minutes later he returned with Ryan, a manager. I explained to Ryan that we believed we were given the wrong room since it was designed for a handicap person and no rain shower. He offered room 205 which was also a handicap person room. I did not want a handicap room, I wanted a regular room. Ryan asked me for my itinerary; I explained that I did not bring it since I called two days prior and spoke to a front desk receptionist who informed me that I did not need the itinerary, I only needed my last name to check in. Ryan acquired a mean arrogant attitude from the inception; I could feel his words slapping me in the face, his beady eyes could not hide his anger and disrespect.
Ryan agreed to contact Travelocity.com about my booking.
Ryan did contact me about 1.5 to 2 hours later with a copy/printout of my itinerary which included the words "accessible" which I did not know meant handicap. Ryan offered to move us room 205, we agreed. I believed the word "accessible" to mean, beach accessible. I have zero experience with handicap terms. Ryan also offer two complimentary drinks for our hassle.
Upon arriving at room 205, while it was more private, the room had a latent odor of people who smoked. We also did not want a smoking room since we are all non smokers.
We would sum up our experience as tragic; for $590 for one night, we could have stayed at The Breakers in Palm Beach.
When I planned this trip, I believed Vero Beach was going to be a great time for the family. In addition, my girlfriend and I were looking for a place to have our wedding, which we believed Vero Beach Hotel & Spa was a serious option; however, our experiences with our booking, the rooms and Ryan the manager were unacceptable.
In closing, Ryan stated that the hotel was full and he could only provide us with another handicap room. However, later that night, I looked at the rooms from the beach and discovered many unoccupied rooms. In hind sight, the smoke filled odor room, lies that the hotel was full and the two drink comp, Ryan was a complete idiot,liar and joke. I paid $590 for one romantic night in a room that stunk like smoke, which had a terrible bathroom.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful oceanfront property on Central Florida's Treasure Coast, the stunning Kimpton Vero Beach Hotel & Spa, promises a relaxing sanctuary in a charming seaside village of Vero Beach. With beautifully appointed guestrooms and fully outfitted suites, our Vero Beach resort offers the perfect weekend escape or destination vacation. Its exceptional service, thoughtful amenities and features like the welcoming pool or the two dining venues make this the ideal Florida getaway. Two Electric charging station's on property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Booking.com, Otel, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Kimpton Vero Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vero Beach Hotel And Spa - a Kimpton Hotel
- Kimpton Vero Beach
- Vero Beach Hotel And Club