“nice view”

Kimpton Vero Beach Hotel & Spa
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Vero Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 25, 2013

room are great the service is exceptional I will be back..Love the fact that this hotel is pet friendly. The only complaint I had was having to pay for parking when I am paying so much for a room. I do not think they offer self parking on the property.. I parked there once and the valet were great, but the remaining stay I parked on the street.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
duncan c, General Manager at Kimpton Vero Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

So pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, i have made a note of your parking concerns, indeed it is appreciated a great deal, hope to welcome you back soon

There are newer reviews for Kimpton Vero Beach Hotel & Spa

Reviewed April 23, 2013

This Kimpton property is not your average boutique hotel. Its much better! I stayed for 10 days and it was my home away from home. The rooms were huge and perfect for my family and two pets. We booked a 1 bed room suite and for the price, I was so worth it. The property is right on the beach with an amazing pool. Pets are not allowed in the pool area which makes sense since the city of vero does not allow pets in the beach. The staff was great and it shows as the room and the common areas were clean. This was a relaxed vacation and will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2013

loved this hotel, the valet team was amazing and so helpful, i enjoyed the facilities and the rooms were very large easy to accommodate me and my family. The pool deck was great and it was right on the beach. As with most places there were some usual likes and dislikes however not with the hotel great value for money - will return for sure

Room Tip: The north wing seas views large rooms
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I get into Vero Beach at least once a year to check on my elderly mother who lives in Vero Beach. I've stayed in a variety of hotels in the area. This was my first experience with Vero Beach Hotel and Spa. I booked a Travelocity Top Secret deal. Can't go too wrong when there are only 3 4* properties in town! I got a great rate. I had a couple of questions and called the hotel directly for answers. This is a dog friendly property and I wanted to make sure the room I was getting had not had pets in it. As we talked, they also noted that the "deal" room did not have any windows and was an inside room. Upon my whimpering they changed it to a partial ocean view overlooking the pool. The room I had was on 2 levels, very large and sophisticated. The bathroom was huge - all marble and grand. I had a nice balcony with table and chairs, a mini refrig and a microwave. I arrived the day before Valentine's Day and stayed for 3 nights. The beach is beautiful in this part of Vero. The hotel sits directly on the beach and is close to many shops and restaurants in the area. I enjoyed the wine reception in the evening. Unfortunately, each evening the canapes disappeared before I arrived and were not replenished. There was a nice complimentary coffee and tea service set up in the lobby each morning. The staff was very pleasant and ladies received a long stem rose on Valentine's Day - nice touch! I had a special request for lunch entrees (off the dinner menu) and the manager was eager to please me. I ate 2 meals in Cobalt and will critique it separately. I will stay here again whenever I get back into Vero.

Room Tip: Do NOT book an inside room w/o windows. Vero Beach needs to be seen!! Seems very odd that a hotel...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I recently stayed at this property with my family over a weekend (Fri-Sun). We were at the property with 3 other families also staying for the same time. Whatever you do, do NOT book the Interior Deluxe room. This is a room on the inside of the hotel with NO windows. I felt like I was in a bomb shelter. In addition, the carpet in the room was dirty with stains and there was open candy on the floor under the bed. Housekeeping did not do a good job of turning over this room. I was very disappointed. On Saturday I come to find out that one of the other parties with us was upgraded from their room to a 2-bedroom suite and was given free parking for FREE. They did not even ask. It was just offered to them. They asked me if I was given the same thing. NO I didn't. I wasnt going to complain about the room to the front desk, but when I heard this, I called to complain.
The front desk was indifferent. They said each check-in is different. I spoke to a manager that eventually offered a change of rooms to a Queen/Queen suite. We took it since my kids hated the original room.
This room was better. Tile floors so carpeting was not an issue. Parking is overpriced for $15/night. My only highlight for the weekend was in the restaurant on property (Cobalt). We ate here 2 times for lunch and we liked everything we had. Good service. The location on the beach is also nice. Pool is very SMALL. Pictures on website are deceiving. Only maybe 25 lounge chairs around the pool. Bartenders at pool bar were nice and accomodating. Overall I expected more from this hotel. I had been wanting to stay here for 2 years. Now that I got my chance, I do not think I will return. Not worth it.

Room Tip: Do not get an interior deluxe room. The South Tower is better and closer to pool.
6  Thank trud5422
duncan c, General Manager at Kimpton Vero Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Ouch, I am sorry to hear we did not enjoy your time with us here in Vero, our number one aim is to make our guests happy and to enjoy thier time here at Vero. Please accept my dissapointment you did not have a great stay

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Kimpton Hotels have, in my experience set a very high bar for quality, and Vero Beach Hotel and Spa mostly lived up to the Kimpton standard. The key seems to be the staff at Kimpton, from the Valets, to the management, everyone is kind, warm, and helpful. The only exception we had was actually before our stay when we rang to check on our booking, admittedly it was late at night, but we had a rude guy answer the phone who repeatedly put us on hold when we asked specifically not to be, it took three calls with him laughing at us and refusing to put us through to his boss. Really odd, but the General Manager rang later and smoothed things over.

Im also likely a little biased as we got an upgrade to a beautiful top floor suite. The room was said to have "partial ocean views" - this was not fair to the gorgeous view! It was a 75 or 80 per cent unobstructed ocean views from our two balconies. The room had a full kitchen, a lounge room, two bathrooms, and a second office/bedroom with a pull-out couch...plenty of space for the TWO of us!

The only disappointment, and it was a minor one, at Vero Beach Hotel and Spa was Cobalt restaurant, which was a bit too variable to get a tick from me on Kimpton-level quality. Ive reviewed it separately.

Room Tip: The "partial ocean view" rooms, would be called "full ocean" by other hotels, am...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lachlan C

Awesome , so glad you stayed and enjoyed your room, I will be discussing your thoughts on Cobalt with the Team and indeed super glad we sorted out initial concerns making your stay enjoyable

Reviewed April 15, 2013

This property is a bit run down and the service and food are not up to par. Bad room service food, mediocre restaurant food, bad service, broken hair dryer, tv remote with dead batteries were just some of the negative parts of my stay. I would not even consider returning to this property. For the price I felt ripped off!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank wstmark
duncan c, General Manager at Kimpton Vero Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

So Sorry you did not enjoy your time here at Vero, we strive hard to make everyone's stay here the best it can be, we realize that our property is not to everyones liking. Though apprecaite your time and words of feedback and that you are a Kimpton Fan.