“In LOVE !!!”

Ranked #14 of 326 Restaurants in Vero Beach
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Waldo's located in th historic Driftwood Resort, inside and ocean front dining. Come find out why we are "THE LAST OF THE GREAT AMERICAN HANG OUTS"
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I came to visit a Vero Beach friend that just recently moved to Vero And she took us to Waldo's by the Sea. And I felt in love with this place . The food , the atmosphere & the service with a "accent" :) was extraordinary . Our waitress recommended the baked brie for AppetiZer and OMG I have never had that in my life before . Just amazing . For lunch again we followed her recommendations then we had the Jamaican Mahi , a Hawaiian salad and Cobb salad all was delish . Not to forget the rum bucket . It's a juice lunch with alcohol haha . For deserts we had a cheesecake and pecan pie . The a presentation was just awesome . For the rest of my visit I didn't want to go anywhere else . The "Sweet Chariots " was playing . Waitress gave us the band schedule . Overall , we loved this place . I recommend to anyone at all . Dress as you like as you can see people walking around in bathing suits , jeans or business . This place offers it all . Kudos to Waldo's and staff .

There are newer reviews for Waldo's at the Driftwood

Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

I feel it has the flare of real Florida ... I live close by but I usually bring all my friends and relatives... Not bad for "bar food" and they usually have good live music.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Wear earplugs. The concrete floor and painted tin ceiling make the place an auditory horror chamber.

Eat outdoors. The food is quite good.

Lee O, General Manager at Waldo's at the Driftwood, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

I am happy that you enjoyed the food. The building yes is rustic and it has the original floor and ceiling. When you are listed on the national registry of historic places you are limited by law to the changes at which you make. I do agree it is not the best acoustics place, but a noisy restaurant is a sound of a happy busy restaurant.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Understand this place has been here for years, is genuinely rustic, so don't expect the modern environment. But the afternoon music, good food, very reasonable prices for being ON the ocean make it a place you must visit at least once. Yes, it has full bar.....Very casual, language and dress code.....

Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

What a great world this would be if people took the time to soak up their surroundings and find the enchantment of what surrounds them. During the hustle and bustle of the Tis the Season people find themselves so busy and they lose themselves in all the craziness. I work at a fast place business. I found myself distraught over listening to so much negativity. I wanted so bad to find the magic that I had always felt at Christmas but in today's world it is hard. My husband could see the stress I was under so one night he waited for me to come home and forced me to go out, even though all I wanted to do was take a hot shower and go to bed. He took me to Waldo's at the Driftwood. As we came into the front doors you could see the staff was very busy yet one of the employees that was standing near the door made eye contact with me and smiled. She welcomed me to Waldo's. At the bar the woman asked me what I would like to drink. I wasn't sure since I rarely drink. She said " don't worry about it sweetheart I will make you something special. One of my favorite holiday specials." It was a fruity drink and so very good. I walked out to the outside seating area where we were going to have a bite to eat. The waiters were so busy but I understand I was not the only person there nor the first person there. It really was not a long wait at all. While waiting for our food I found my self beginning to relax. Sitting there I was surrounded by the warm breeze that had just a hint of nip to it. The fresh scent of the salty ocean air was almost like a scented candle. The waves crashing on shore gave a echo type roar that was a soothing sound. People smiling everywhere as they engaged in their own conversations. Twinkling lights that offered a warm glow that lit the white caps of the waves and brightened the swimming pool. The rustic elegant hotel with amber colored liggts glowing from the windows offered a antique appearance that you might in a Thomas Kinkade painting. The night was perfect as I stared up at the stars and engulfed my surroundings. I found the magic. I found that there are people in this world that do smile and do share great stories no matter how busy they are. Thank you for such a beautiful night and a great memory. I recommend this place to all looking for the same kind of atmosphere. I pray you always keep it the same and you can bet I will return for another one of those V.I.P. sandwiches. That was the best I have ever eaten.

1  Thank Zanny730