“Cool Place with Neat Atmosphere and Amazing View”

Waldo's at the Driftwood
Ranked #31 of 347 Restaurants in Vero Beach
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Waldo's located in th historic Driftwood Resort, inside and ocean front dining. Come find out why we are "THE LAST OF THE GREAT AMERICAN HANG OUTS"
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We went on a Monday night during our stay at the resort which was the All-you-can-eat Fish Fry for resort guests. My husband enjoyed it and the price was right. Service wasn't all that great, but wasn't terrible. I thought it was odd that we weren't offered drinks and happy hour wasn't even mentioned (even though we knew that we were there right in the middle of it). For our Monday night visit we sat inside. The decor was very neat. Such an interesting place. We thoroughly enjoyed looking around and thought it would be a great place to hang out with friends.

Later in the week we decided to give Waldo's another go. This time we went straight from the pool and sat on the deck that is basically ON the beach. What a great view!!! Again, though, the service wasn't great. It seemed to be a bother that I asked what drinks were included in happy hour (again, it wasn't mentioned to us, we had to ask about it) and then another bother when I ordered something that wasn't listed on the menu, but was the very thing that I ordered a couple of days before (chicken tenders and fries). The waitress (Dana) basically argued with me that I couldn't get it until I told her that I had it just a couple of days prior and even told her the price and that all she had to do was look in her menu on the computer. Other than a less than friendly attitude from the waitress, our dinner was perfect!! We were on the beach, the food was fantastic, as were the drinks!

If you visit Vero Beach, you must make it a point to visit Waldos. . .for the experience, if for nothing else.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,042)

Reviewed July 21, 2013

i spent the majority of my time there looking all around at the beautiful surroundings and furnishings; one of the most interesting restaurants i've been to in a long long time; the food was very good as was the service; you can also sit outside on the water or by the pool and listen to the band

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We ate here on a Monday evening in July, and though the day's temperatures were pretty hot, our dinner on the patio as the sun set was tolerably warm and breezy. The view is unbeatable! The cheeseburger was cooked perfectly and tasted great, but the V.I.P. (French Dip) sandwich was AMAZING. Our server was friendly and attentive, and she even spent a few minutes sharing the history of the property and landmark of the sunken ship straight off the shore. I will definitely be returning here on my next trip to Vero Beach!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Great local eatery sitting on a deck overlooking the ocean, eating a beautiful cob salad, pittsburg (done to perfection) & grouper special with our grandson. Whatever your age the atmosphere if friendly and relaxing. The service was great, friendly staff more than accommodating. Food came out fast and done to perfection. The main thing we all enjoyed was no rushing us out and let us sit and enjoy each other while dining. Great place to enjoy a leisurely visit with friends or family. We will be back and bring friends.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

The place comes alive at night with the younger locals. A lot of fun. Vero is such a sleepy little town you wouldn't believe they had this many young people!