“A Great hidden treasure!”

Waldo's at the Driftwood
Ranked #11 of 321 Restaurants in Vero Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Waldo's located in th historic Driftwood Resort, inside and ocean front dining. Come find out why we are "THE LAST OF THE GREAT AMERICAN HANG OUTS"
Everett, Massachusetts
“A Great hidden treasure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

An overall great Day! My daughters flew in to surprise their dad and chose this restaurant on the beach to do just that! When arriving at Waldo's Driftwood, we approached the hostess and unfortunately, she asked if we were the group (my husband, son and myself) that was meeting three girls....my heart sunk and I quickly said no and the good thing was that my husband did not catch on. My daughters did inform this hostess that this was a Surprise but unfortunately it apparently slipped her mind (should try to pay attention to detail). She then proceeded to take us to a table for three and that is when I actually had to make a move and sat myself down at the table they were sitting so everything turned out well and my husband was happily surprised! The atmosphere was comfortable and very laid back. What could be better than enjoying family, food and drinks on the beach! The food was wonderful and the waitress was very nice. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and plan on going back on my next visit to Vero Beach.

• Visited April 2013

vero beach
“Great Ocean View”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

You are right on the beach so who cares about the food which is inconsistent. Sometimes it's good and other time not so good but you go there for the view and to be outside on the beach. Fun place to take visitors to Vero.

Visited January 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great beachfront bar!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

A few friends left our beach camp looking for a bar. Pretty sure they wandered for about 2 miles before finding this place. They eventually convinced those of us who were still severely hungover from the night before to come meet them, and I'm glad they did!

This place is a lot of fun! Great frozen drinks (they're making them fresh there...none of those spinning slushie machines here). Beer is pretty cheap for a beach bar too. We planned to go somewhere else for dinner, but the appetizers we ordered were pretty good (and also inexpensive) so we just kept eating there. We were standing in the outside part, but nobody seemed to care that we were blasting our own music from a Jambox.

Overall, a great place to day-drink and watch the waves. And it's easy to get back down to the beach to jump in the water for a minute too.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank ewoodh2o
Key West, Florida
“All around best place on the beach in Vero”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

Stay the night, swim in the pool .... eat, have fantastic buckets of rum, listen to great entertainment and them step on to the well kept beach ... not expensive and staff have always been accommodating, friendly, and polite. This is our favorite spot when in or near Vero Beach. You will not be disappointed :)

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Smilingeveryday
Vero Beach, Florida
“Where's Waldo's?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

Sorry, I haven't eaten here. Know where it is - very popular historic restaurant and bar. Resort wraps around the restaurant. All on the ocean.