“This place should b ranked higher!”

Ocean Grill Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 350 Restaurants in Vero Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Our party of 7 had a great time! Staff was friendly food was great, can't think of anything to complain about. And for seafood/steak it was priced well. Our entire group would recommend! Great location!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,998)

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I am very allergic to shellfish. Most places won't accommodate me. Ocean Grill graciously saute's my fish in its own pan. Service is the BEST. Have read reviews that label it "old fashioned", but "old fashioned" service is the best service. You won't be disappointed as long as you are not expecting a trendy menu.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Returned to this restaurant because of our experience last year. It was even better this year. We had the shrimp salad, the Thai Beef salad, the beet salad with grilled shrimp, and the onion rings. Our meals came with blueberry muffins. The portions are generous and the prices are very reasonable. Fun atmosphere and our waitress was great. A must do if you are in the area. We will go back some day.

1  Thank Debby E
Reviewed February 18, 2013

They do not take reservations. If you want a table by the window, you have to come an hour before they open.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I visited this restaurant on the recommendation of friends who live in the area. It was certainly very popular and having not made a reservation there was a 90 minute wait to be seated. However the staff did look after me at the bar with drinks and appetisers. I tried a selection of dishes from the menu. The best was the baked Coquille St Jacques (as recommended by the waitress). I also had the Grouper which was good. However I was determined to try the twin lobster tail as well. This was very disappointing and just didn't taste as fresh lobster tail should. When I raised this with the waitress she quietly and rather embarrassed told me they were frozen lobster tails (then broiled and grilled). For a restaurant of this standing I would have thought there would be fresh lobster available (as there is in the tank at Mulligans across the road where I ate the next night!). But that dish aside, this was an enjoyable experience. I won't rush back here to eat and would look to try somewhere else.

1  Thank SuffolkTravellers