“Nice”

Costa d'Este Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Vero Beach
Reviewed November 19, 2010

Nice Hotel, Location terrific, staff very friendly and life is really better at the beach (o:

Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,785)

Reviewed November 9, 2010

As the title says:

I was greeeted by wonderful staff from bell service. Cristan took my ride & Adam Checked me in and told me all the good stuff about the resort and surroundings.
Really laid back nice guys. Very genuine and happy!

The weather was not so good.

I would eat breakfast every morning and notice a little man with glasses sitting by himself like me..lol and just eating sloppy and quite annoying to be in presence of. H e must have been of some importance, since I did see him around the property quite a bit.

Everything seemed much more quiet than last time I came.

Mamy is a Sweetheart. Conrad seems scared.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 26, 2010

This hotel hosted a wedding reception we were attending. The view of the water is wonderful. Both front desk clerks were very helpful and courteous. There is minimal parking available, so chances are you will have to pay additional to valet park. Hallway noise easily comes in to the rooms at night and we were woken up several times by passersby. The bathroom shower was great- I wish I could take it home with me.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2010

Beautiful rooms, great beds, fabulous food, amazing people

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 10, 2010

Plus point for this hotel is location,location,location.
Good pool area but furniture already worn and tired also pool area only gets the sun too one half from Sepember ,however you are located on the beach so no problem to find the sun. Had a great experience here 18 months ago ,now lacks lustre.

Reviewed September 27, 2010

Here is the deal. My girlfriend and I come to this resort for a weekend of fun. First, they lied and said that a $10 charge would be put on the card for the room keys. When we get back to Atlanta, we later find out that it is a $100 authorization fee deducted from the card that NO one mentions!!! And this is after the first problems that we encountered. Number 1. The modern studio is not that deal! The bathroom is a "see through" so, every time, you want to use the restroom, your mate can see you. 2nd, the shower is cool. I liked the see through, but everybody may not like that! 3rd, the balcony we liked because there was an ocean view. 4rth, only one drawer where you can store stuff and NO refrigerator for you to put food in just in case you buy some. 5th, the air conditioner with the water spots in the ceiling. We had to call maintenance to fix this! Not only call maintenance, but water was dripping on the floor and my girlfriend almost slipped and fail because the floors are all tile! And to add to that, the paint by the air conditioner needed to be restored because it was peeling! Closet space was limited and small, NO COUNTER SPACE in the bathroom, and housekeeping came to the door first at 9:00 a.m on a Sunday, then at 10:15 a.m. and we are checking out at 12! So, we felt rush! The gym was cool. I got a chance to workout the same day we checked in. We did get 2 complementary mojitos, but we were not satisfied because we didn't get a complementary breakfast that should at least come with the resort. Second, we had to pay for EVERYTHING! Even the latin dance night on friday was $10 per person and the comedy show was $20 per person with a 2 drink minimal! WTH?? The place it was housed in was not that large to request that much money, taking the fact that you could just walk in the place from the lounge! Parking was also a problem! We came in after being gone for about 2 hours to almost not being able to find a parking spot in the small parking area. The only other option is to valet and that was $10! Another WTH??!! So, my assessment of this place if I had to rate it out of a 10 it would be a 5. We were not that impressed at all by this place and the fact that they had the ordasity to call it a RESORT!!! NO DEAL!!

7  Thank intltraveler30
Reviewed September 27, 2010

Stayed one night (Saturday) and arrived by motorcycle. Valet gave me a perfect, prime, safe parking spot right in front of hotel - great first impression. Greeted nicely and checked-in quickly. Ocean front room was closer to the ocean than any other hotel I've ever stayed in. Room very tastefully done - dark woods, great shower, good lighting. Beautiful pool, but too few chairs. Mojito at the "mojito reception" was not good. Restaurant food good and reasonably priced. We didn't like our table and they moved us although they said they were completely booked (didn't look that way to me). Bad DJ poolside on Saturday night playing lots of bad music. He ruined the energy of what was a perfect setting. Quick room service for breakfast and food quality OK. Checked out at noon and only one person at front desk so long line - unacceptable!

Overall, a great value (in Sept...don't know rates in season) for a small, funky hotel with a location you can't beat.