“Gorgeous Hotel”

Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Vero Beach
California
“Gorgeous Hotel”
Reviewed September 19, 2009

This hotel is gorgeous I loved seeing it, but the staff and restaurant need work. Attention to detail is not there yet, I will come back in a year and see if it has improved.

Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (580)
West Palm Beach, FL
Reviewed September 8, 2009

The layout of the room is wonderful! It is very clean with modern decor with tiled floor. The bed was very comfortable for someone that has back problems. The food is the only down fall to this Hotel. The best part is the coffee however the cuban food is horrible. I would definately stay there again but not eat there!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Key West, Florida
Reviewed August 25, 2009

The place is sleek, modern and elegant. The attention to detail is superb. I am a linen snob and I was really impressed by the bedding. The bed was incredibly comfortable. (I regret not looking to see what kind of mattress it was.)

We had drinks at the pool before dinner and to our surprise Gloria Estefan was there with some friends. We saw many people approach her for pictures and she was as sweet and gracious as could be. Even though it was actually rude to interrupt her during her dinner with what looked like family and friends. Anyhow, her patience and sweetness was unending.

There was a DJ playing music at the pool right at sunset. The entire pool area was set up with Moroccan candles and torches. The staff was friendly and happy.

Dinner was outstanding. Presentation was excellent and the flavors unique. Kind of an asian/cuban fusion. Creative, one of a kind cuisine.

The stay was refreshing and fun. I would recommend to anyone and look forward to our next visit.

Staunton
Reviewed August 11, 2009

When I first came to Gloria's I was just expecting a typical hotel. My mother sent me here because she loves it! But from first entering the hotel I relized that this was not just a normal hotel! The food, staff, spa, pool, rooms, and ocean are absouloutly fantastic! I loved the bamboo massage and the locker rooms. I also enjoyed how high tech the rooms are, the iHomes were really nice touches! Great Hotel!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Vero Beach
Reviewed August 9, 2009

We stayed in Room 317 on a Sunday evening, and enjoyed the view of both the pool and the ocean. We ate at the cozy and smart inside bar (where they have a great happy hour from 4:30 to 6:30), and ate clam broth. Simple dish, but simply delicious... with a lot of depth of flavor, which must come from original fish stock.

We have also eaten at Oriente since they have started a new 3-course meal for $70.00 (includes a bottle of wine, but that is optional and they will take off $10 if you decide not to have wine). Although the restaurant is called Cuban-fusion, I do not go there for the Cuban food per se. I go there because the Chef - David Rodriguez - is very creative. In particular, these 3-course menus are inventive and surprising. And delicious. We have had Wagu steak (from Canada); also, a lamb entre that was the best meal I've ever had in Vero. The deserts are "complicated" and new to the Vero scene, as most restaurants serve the tried and true. Complicated may not be the right word. But, we've had Bananas' Foster (excellent), and other delicious desserts.

The helpful staff are unobtrusive to make for a magical experience. Julie in the dining room was knowledgeable and gracious at all times. Greg, as a bartender, provides intelligent and sophisticated service. And, of course, Nadine as a hostess is such a lovely presence in dining area. Deb helped us with a minor matter, in a rather diplomatic way.

Of course, the property is still evolving and there are a few things to quibble about, (rooms might not be ready when stated), but overall the experience is like no other in Vero, and IT IS RIGHT ON THE BEACH, with easy, easy access.

usa
Reviewed August 8, 2009

Bellman, front desk and valet staff are very friendly but other than that it has not lived up to my expectations of luxury. I frequent luxury hotels around the U.S on vaction and trips and never have had to yell at a bartender to get service. I waited close to 20minutes before I yelled at the bartender, who looked at me and served everyone around me on a slow night. I would gladly wait to be served on a busy night but to be looked at and ignored for close to 20minutes when I'm paying for a so-called luxury hotel on a slow evening is unacceptable. I will never set foot in this place again!!!

Orlando, Fl
Reviewed August 1, 2009

My husband and I spent our 20th wedding anniversary at this hotel and couldn't have been more pleased. We had a beautiful, spacious, ocean view room even though that's not what we booked. We loved the ambience of the hotel, the pool, the proximity to restaurants and shopping and the fact that it was right on the beach. The staff was very friendly and accommodating; the whole experience was wonderful. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great get away. Well worth it!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple