“Deliciously luxurious. Every detail in the entire resort is top notch.”

Costa d'Este Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Vero Beach
Key West, Florida
“Deliciously luxurious. Every detail in the entire resort is top notch.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2009

The place is sleek, modern and elegant. The attention to detail is superb. I am a linen snob and I was really impressed by the bedding. The bed was incredibly comfortable. (I regret not looking to see what kind of mattress it was.)

We had drinks at the pool before dinner and to our surprise Gloria Estefan was there with some friends. We saw many people approach her for pictures and she was as sweet and gracious as could be. Even though it was actually rude to interrupt her during her dinner with what looked like family and friends. Anyhow, her patience and sweetness was unending.

There was a DJ playing music at the pool right at sunset. The entire pool area was set up with Moroccan candles and torches. The staff was friendly and happy.

Dinner was outstanding. Presentation was excellent and the flavors unique. Kind of an asian/cuban fusion. Creative, one of a kind cuisine.

The stay was refreshing and fun. I would recommend to anyone and look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (551)
Staunton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2009

When I first came to Gloria's I was just expecting a typical hotel. My mother sent me here because she loves it! But from first entering the hotel I relized that this was not just a normal hotel! The food, staff, spa, pool, rooms, and ocean are absouloutly fantastic! I loved the bamboo massage and the locker rooms. I also enjoyed how high tech the rooms are, the iHomes were really nice touches! Great Hotel!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Vero Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2009

We stayed in Room 317 on a Sunday evening, and enjoyed the view of both the pool and the ocean. We ate at the cozy and smart inside bar (where they have a great happy hour from 4:30 to 6:30), and ate clam broth. Simple dish, but simply delicious... with a lot of depth of flavor, which must come from original fish stock.

We have also eaten at Oriente since they have started a new 3-course meal for $70.00 (includes a bottle of wine, but that is optional and they will take off $10 if you decide not to have wine). Although the restaurant is called Cuban-fusion, I do not go there for the Cuban food per se. I go there because the Chef - David Rodriguez - is very creative. In particular, these 3-course menus are inventive and surprising. And delicious. We have had Wagu steak (from Canada); also, a lamb entre that was the best meal I've ever had in Vero. The deserts are "complicated" and new to the Vero scene, as most restaurants serve the tried and true. Complicated may not be the right word. But, we've had Bananas' Foster (excellent), and other delicious desserts.

The helpful staff are unobtrusive to make for a magical experience. Julie in the dining room was knowledgeable and gracious at all times. Greg, as a bartender, provides intelligent and sophisticated service. And, of course, Nadine as a hostess is such a lovely presence in dining area. Deb helped us with a minor matter, in a rather diplomatic way.

Of course, the property is still evolving and there are a few things to quibble about, (rooms might not be ready when stated), but overall the experience is like no other in Vero, and IT IS RIGHT ON THE BEACH, with easy, easy access.

usa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2009

Bellman, front desk and valet staff are very friendly but other than that it has not lived up to my expectations of luxury. I frequent luxury hotels around the U.S on vaction and trips and never have had to yell at a bartender to get service. I waited close to 20minutes before I yelled at the bartender, who looked at me and served everyone around me on a slow night. I would gladly wait to be served on a busy night but to be looked at and ignored for close to 20minutes when I'm paying for a so-called luxury hotel on a slow evening is unacceptable. I will never set foot in this place again!!!

Orlando, Fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2009

My husband and I spent our 20th wedding anniversary at this hotel and couldn't have been more pleased. We had a beautiful, spacious, ocean view room even though that's not what we booked. We loved the ambience of the hotel, the pool, the proximity to restaurants and shopping and the fact that it was right on the beach. The staff was very friendly and accommodating; the whole experience was wonderful. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great get away. Well worth it!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2009

I was locked out of my room for over a hour, while they tried to figure out how to get in, they did offer me a free drink at the bar, got into my room only to find out that my room was never cleaned and a note left that they respected my privacy because they could not get into my room either. although I never put up a do not disturb sign! they did send chocolate covered strawberries, to which they left the dirty plate in my room for 2 days. I travel every week for my job and stay at very nice hotels but this one is Very over priced for the rooms and service, take a look at the Holiday Inn before you waste your money!!!!!
also could not get the free wifi to do work in my room

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2009

My family and I loved our stay at Costa D’ Este, Vero Beach. From the time we arrived until the time we left the staff was professional, the food delicious and the atmosphere was more than we could have imagined. The free valet parking was a plus, especially after the long drive. Upon entering we were greeted by Alejandra who helped us check in and assisted in giving us fliers for the local activities for the kids and coupons/directions to the shopping center and local outlets. Gustavo unloaded our luggage and told us about the hotel as we walked to the room. The room was spacious, and the queen beds were soooo comfortable.

The children thoroughly enjoyed the beach, pool, and the DJ who played their requests. Most of all they enjoyed sharing the delicious chocolate turtles left when room service was done cleaning the room.

We ate at Oriente inside the resort...I suggest the sliders-delicious. The Ropa Vieja and Vaca Frita were excellent as well. The Mojito was also prepared properly. Room service was just as good, we ordered the Palomilla and Arroz con pollo, we asked for extra plates and silverware...and they were at the room within 20 minutes.

The local shopping prices were ok and the mall was not too far, and the local area had a fair and open market which we strolled through.

Although we didn't have time for the spa or gym we will try them next time. Clean hotel, clean room, clean pool, right on the beach, not too expensive, with good service and good weather, overall we had a great time.

We look forward to our next stay at the Costa D’ Este Hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family