“Best hotel experience ever! Very relaxing!”

Costa d'Este Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Vero Beach
Reviewed August 11, 2009

When I first came to Gloria's I was just expecting a typical hotel. My mother sent me here because she loves it! But from first entering the hotel I relized that this was not just a normal hotel! The food, staff, spa, pool, rooms, and ocean are absouloutly fantastic! I loved the bamboo massage and the locker rooms. I also enjoyed how high tech the rooms are, the iHomes were really nice touches! Great Hotel!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,786)

Reviewed August 9, 2009

We stayed in Room 317 on a Sunday evening, and enjoyed the view of both the pool and the ocean. We ate at the cozy and smart inside bar (where they have a great happy hour from 4:30 to 6:30), and ate clam broth. Simple dish, but simply delicious... with a lot of depth of flavor, which must come from original fish stock.

We have also eaten at Oriente since they have started a new 3-course meal for $70.00 (includes a bottle of wine, but that is optional and they will take off $10 if you decide not to have wine). Although the restaurant is called Cuban-fusion, I do not go there for the Cuban food per se. I go there because the Chef - David Rodriguez - is very creative. In particular, these 3-course menus are inventive and surprising. And delicious. We have had Wagu steak (from Canada); also, a lamb entre that was the best meal I've ever had in Vero. The deserts are "complicated" and new to the Vero scene, as most restaurants serve the tried and true. Complicated may not be the right word. But, we've had Bananas' Foster (excellent), and other delicious desserts.

The helpful staff are unobtrusive to make for a magical experience. Julie in the dining room was knowledgeable and gracious at all times. Greg, as a bartender, provides intelligent and sophisticated service. And, of course, Nadine as a hostess is such a lovely presence in dining area. Deb helped us with a minor matter, in a rather diplomatic way.

Of course, the property is still evolving and there are a few things to quibble about, (rooms might not be ready when stated), but overall the experience is like no other in Vero, and IT IS RIGHT ON THE BEACH, with easy, easy access.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2009

Bellman, front desk and valet staff are very friendly but other than that it has not lived up to my expectations of luxury. I frequent luxury hotels around the U.S on vaction and trips and never have had to yell at a bartender to get service. I waited close to 20minutes before I yelled at the bartender, who looked at me and served everyone around me on a slow night. I would gladly wait to be served on a busy night but to be looked at and ignored for close to 20minutes when I'm paying for a so-called luxury hotel on a slow evening is unacceptable. I will never set foot in this place again!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2009

My husband and I spent our 20th wedding anniversary at this hotel and couldn't have been more pleased. We had a beautiful, spacious, ocean view room even though that's not what we booked. We loved the ambience of the hotel, the pool, the proximity to restaurants and shopping and the fact that it was right on the beach. The staff was very friendly and accommodating; the whole experience was wonderful. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great get away. Well worth it!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2009

I was locked out of my room for over a hour, while they tried to figure out how to get in, they did offer me a free drink at the bar, got into my room only to find out that my room was never cleaned and a note left that they respected my privacy because they could not get into my room either. although I never put up a do not disturb sign! they did send chocolate covered strawberries, to which they left the dirty plate in my room for 2 days. I travel every week for my job and stay at very nice hotels but this one is Very over priced for the rooms and service, take a look at the Holiday Inn before you waste your money!!!!!
also could not get the free wifi to do work in my room

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2009

My family and I loved our stay at Costa D’ Este, Vero Beach. From the time we arrived until the time we left the staff was professional, the food delicious and the atmosphere was more than we could have imagined. The free valet parking was a plus, especially after the long drive. Upon entering we were greeted by Alejandra who helped us check in and assisted in giving us fliers for the local activities for the kids and coupons/directions to the shopping center and local outlets. Gustavo unloaded our luggage and told us about the hotel as we walked to the room. The room was spacious, and the queen beds were soooo comfortable.

The children thoroughly enjoyed the beach, pool, and the DJ who played their requests. Most of all they enjoyed sharing the delicious chocolate turtles left when room service was done cleaning the room.

We ate at Oriente inside the resort...I suggest the sliders-delicious. The Ropa Vieja and Vaca Frita were excellent as well. The Mojito was also prepared properly. Room service was just as good, we ordered the Palomilla and Arroz con pollo, we asked for extra plates and silverware...and they were at the room within 20 minutes.

The local shopping prices were ok and the mall was not too far, and the local area had a fair and open market which we strolled through.

Although we didn't have time for the spa or gym we will try them next time. Clean hotel, clean room, clean pool, right on the beach, not too expensive, with good service and good weather, overall we had a great time.

We look forward to our next stay at the Costa D’ Este Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2009

Likes (there are a few): Ultra modern design, complimentary upgrade to ocean view room, two free drinks voucher for having to wait for room to be ready, direct beach access. The bellman and frontdesk staff are very friendly and thats about it. Complimentary valet.

Dislikes (many): $10 drinks, super overpriced food...I am from Miami and Im Cuban...you may be able to fool some Mid-west Folk, but I know good Cuban food and this is not it! I gave up on the "traditional Cuban fare" and opted for a hamburger and sandwich delivered to our room since the restaurant closes at 9pm and theres nowhere else to eat. With all the service fee, delivery fees and extra charges, the bill came out to over $50...for an average burger,cuban sandwich, and black bean soup!

The only way in and out of the South Tower rooms is thru a dark, sewage smelling stairwell.....what about this says LUXURY? I had to hold my nose everytime...It was awful, but the only way to get to our room. All the activity at the hotel revolves around a plain, no big deal, rectangular small pool...its crowded and you'd have to get up at the crack of dawn to get on of those double loungers pictured on the website. The service at the bar and pool area is SLLLLOOOW...you have to flag them down. They do not come to you even if you've been sitting there for a long, long time. Again, this should not be necessary at a "luxury" hotel with prices to match. The outdoor staff needs training! If you didnt get a limited and in high demand pool lounger, you're only other choice is to head out to the beach...they have about ten beach chairs with NO umbrellas and these too get taken very quickly. No service out on the beach. No information in the room on Vero sites to see and things to do around the area...no conceirge.

My husband and I got bored over just "hanging out" in the hotel watching people get drunk and doing all sorts of antics around the pool, We walked around outisde..there are a few shops and we preferred having breakfast at the Lemon Tree across the street because the hotel menu was so ridiculously overpriced. There are a few little touristy beach stores but really nothing to do in Vero beach...if you're looking to just lay around and relax, I guess this is the place for you, but theres not much else going on and everything closes early. One night we ordered a "palomilla" steak...a staple of the Cuban diet...a signature Cuban dish....easy to make, hard to mess up...my steak tasted old...and room service is served in these little plastic TV tray looking things that make you feel it came out of a microwave....are real plates too much to ask for?

With all the hotel choices in Florida, we definitely won't go back. This hotel is all hype and flash but little to back it up once you get past the pretty decor. I was not impressed.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple