“Just Awesome!”

Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Vero Beach
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Just Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Whenever I am looking for that perfect escape, quick getaway and overall battery re-charge, my car's navigation system automatically points me in the direction of this special boutique hotel.

Coste 'd Este is the true definition of what a boutique hotel should aspire to be. Intimate, stylish, simple, classy and refined! Located in the heart of Vero Beach, this hidden gem sits directly on the ocean with nothing but fabulous views of the Atlantic. It's a great escape because you can check-in and never leave (great food on site, as well as a fantastic spa and even a pool spa concierge). There's also water sports for people like me who love the ocean! There is a food size pool and jacuzzi. Or, just steps out the front door there are several very casual and fun restaurants (Ocean Grill, Mulligans or Waldo's) as well as cute boutique shops and local hang outs. Take time to check out the Laughing Dog Gallery, very cool!

The staff is incredible! Friendly, unobtrusive, always genuinely happy and will go out of their way to help you. The rooms are a good size and always clean. There are times when I have gone for one night, and stayed for three. When I'm there, I always feel at home. And, I travel alone, and I never feel uncomfortable or "out of place," when I visit.

Room Tip: Either tower is good. As usual, the higher the floor, the better view!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jeffabba

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (551)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I viewed travelers reviews of Gloria Estefan's boutique resort in Vero Beach and initially I was pleased but concerned about the cost. I decided to book a room for a two night stay. Right before our trip I once again checked the rating and this hotel was not listed at all as a recommended place to stay. Now I was a little worried since I have trusted and not been disappointed by trip advisor in the past.
We arrived before check in time to smiling faces from the valet, to the front desk, to the bartender. The customer service was excellent. They went out of their way to be of assistance. The room was gorgeous. I love the simple beige, brown and cream decor, the long granite counter for your stuff, and the unique round shower. Lovely! But the ocean front view was unbelievable. We live in Florida and I have stayed at many ocean front hotels and condos but this one was the top! We were within a 100 yards of the water!!!! The sound of the surf was almost too loud but I love the ocean so it was perfect for me.
The town was adorable. Shops and great restaurants within easy walking distance. Great stay.
Gloria, I'll be back"!

2 Thank wannabetraveller10
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Beautiful location, really right on the beach, with terraces looking out over the beach and ocean. Loved listening to the ocean waves as I fell asleep and woke up, very peaceful and serene.
The rooms can be a bit small, be sure to get an ocean view. It matters here. Staff and service was really friendly, always available, never intrusive, very helpful,

Room Tip: Only get ocean view, otherwise rooms are too small.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank B S
Melbourne FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

A wise man once said to me that you never get a second chance to make a first impression. My wife and I were looking for a place to decompress after the holidays and selected Costa d’Este by a recommendation from a couple on an airplane. We could not be more grateful for the recommendation and for the experience. We know Vero Beach very well and of course are familiar with Gloria Estefan. We checked out the resort website and I checked, as usual, Trip Advisor negative comments because I have often found that unhappy people need to vent and usually take out their unhappiness on the most convenient target like a resort they arrived at already unhappy………and then made our room selection based on our requirements. We reserved an ocean front suite and were absolutely taken aback by the room the view and the furnishings.

The resort is everything we expected with the modern art deco flair with a Cuban flavor. The staff treated us as if we were the only guests in the hotel and that we were the most important people to each and every one of them. This work ethic and culture of hospitality can be attributed to the General Manager Ed Riley.

We visited the spa on two days for massages which were exceptional. The staff; Tiffany, Megan, Gisela, Cathi, Josie and Ilesha all need to be recognized for their professionalism. The spa itself is located on two floors of the resort and makes efficient use of the space. A pre massage steam bath helped to loosen up our muscles before our massages. There is an extensive spa menu that will accommodate anyone.

We took advantage of the Shark Bait concessions on the beach which offers Umbrellas; excellent lounge chairs, tables, Kayaks and more. See Scot (with one T) and his team they will take care of you as you lounge your day away on the beach catering to your lunch and drink needs so you don’t have to. I rented a Kayak on a windy day but was very happy to have seen five young sea turtles less than 100 yards off the beach.
There are not enough good things to say about the Wave restaurant. We were so impressed by the Paella on our first night and the rest of the menu selections that we could not wait to go back. So we did only having two meals outside of the resort and that was to experience a brand new restaurant a block away.

The pool is heated in the winter and there is a spacious and accommodating hot tub. The pool deck has plenty of seating and the cabana bar and café are conveniently positioned on the pool deck. Lyz at the cabana bar will take good care of you and ask her for a Mojito she is an expert at whipping them up.

If I you don’t believe my stellar review that’s ok my only complaint in five days was that I did not get a small pot of coffee when I ordered a single coffee from room service but the service was so exceptional that the staff made a follow up call to the room service delivery. So, all things considered, I have no complaints.

We regard good customer service as paramount to a great spa resort experience. We found what we were looking for here at Costa d’Este. We will be back for sure even if it is only for lunch, dinner and the spa!

Room Tip: If you are not too concerned with price i would recommend and ocean front suite. A true gem with a g...
Markham, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Small hotel in the middle of the "action".
Very clean, service was excellent.
Free valet parking, walking distance to the shopping district with a nice pool and right on the ocean.
Only disappointment coffee is $4.50, other than than great place to stay.

Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Sometimes there is a special on TravelZoo and my wife and I will take advantage of it to have a mini 'stayca' (STAY-at-home-vaCAtion). We live just 20 minutes away and the Costa D'este is fabulous for the purpose. We love the latin/European vibe of the place, the salsa music around the poolside bar, and also encountering other languages than one would usually encounter around Vero Beach.

The rooms are stylish, though not excessively large, the beds are comfy and the bathroom well- appointed. We have stayed in 2 different rooms and both had flatscreen TVs. One had a bathtub and the other a nautical feeling, rounded shower. As you would expect, plenty of hot water.

Most of the staff went out of their way to please. Both times we appreciated the attentiveness of the valet parking attendants as well as the bell hops and the people behind the bar.

Upon arrival, having requested a pool view, we were told that the only pool view room available was on the ground floor. I would avoid these rooms as there is minimal privacy between you and the pool and the pool can get quite lively. We gratefully accepted an upgrade to an ocean front room for $30/night.

On the previous visit, we stayed in the North Tower away from the pool. The room was quiet, had a partial ocean view as well as of the side parking lot. This room was in the 3rd floor of the South Tower, and as I said, direct ocean front. Loved it! The view was fantastic.

The next morning we awoke to dump trucks and tractors just outside our window as they 'replenished' the sand eroded by a previous storm. On a glorious day, we could not open the door for the noise outside. Fortunately they were done by mid-afternoon.

Upon checkout I requested and was granted a waiver of the $30 up charge for the oceanfront room for one night. This seemed reasonable and was handled well by the front desk. I was then presented with the final bill. All was satisfactory except for the item 'Resort Fee" @$12/day. This fee had not been disclosed either at TravelZoo nor by the hotel itself.

I do not understand why a hotel of this caliber would be anything but transparent. If the hotel feels that their services are worth an extra $12 then they should have enough faith in their product to increase the rent by that $12 and allow the customer to make an informed desision. To add on non-disclosed fees is dishonest at best. The fee was eventually refunded but noot the associated tax.

We really do enjoy the hotel and will sometimes come just for drinks and perhaps some salsa dancing around the pool. It is unfortuante that our stay ended on such a sour note. Perhaps management will realize that in the best of circumstances "Resort Fees" do not reflect well on the property, but especially so when they are not disclosed until check out.

Room Tip: Ground floor oceanfront rooms have outside decks with recliners. North side rooms in North Tower hav...
3 Thank eclipsme
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Costa d'Este brings flair to sleepy, little Vero Beach with a stylish exterior and modern interior. I have had the opportunity to stay here on several occasions. The staff is great, helpful and genuinely friendly. This time, I stayed in the south tower with an ocean front view. One must cross the pool area to get to this part of the hotel, which would be quite a hassle if the weather was bad, as there is no covered or interior access. The pool area is very private, situated between the 2 towers, with the hot tub closest to the beach access. There is a great bar adjoining.
My room did not disappoint! The beds are very comfortable with extra pillows supplied. This time my room did not have a tub, so if you want to luxuriate best to ask ahead of time. One issue I had with the room was not enough outlets for phones and computers. If you are in the south tower beware of the noise factor from the ocean-side bar next door. The southern rock band plays until 10pm. The hurricane doors muffle much of the sound.
The restaurant is good, but very pricey for these parts and for what you are served. The Wave, would do well to have some mid-range choices to keep the guests "in house".
All in all, I like Costa d'Este and do recommend it to my friends staying in town.

Room Tip: East tower! Ask if your room has a tub.