“The Wave Kitchen and Bar”

Costa d'Este Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Vero Beach
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Let me first say we didn't stay at this hotel, however we ate in the The Wave restaurant twice. It's located on Orchid Island, on the beach, Vero Beach, Florida. The view of the pool and palm trees are very nice and the restaurant itself was very modern. On the first visit we had bloody mary's and an appetizer, which was very good. Second visit we had lunch, salmon salad. The food was good, but the portions small for the price. However we will definitely go back when we're in Vero Beach.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lioness2001
TAResponse, General Manager at Costa d'Este Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2012

Dear "Lioness 2001":

Nice "stage name" :-). Thank you for your post and for the rating you bestowed upon The Wave, a 4**** rating. We certainly appreciate your comments as they help us get a "real" report back from our guests about how we fared during their visit.

I will be sure to check into the portion of the Salmon Salad, since we have specific portion sizes for all of our disches. Our Exedcutive Chef, Michael, will be grateful for this report, as he prides himself on the quality of food, the portions and the presentation.

Looking forward to your return visit. All the Best...Charles

Write a ReviewReviews (1,745)

Reviewed January 23, 2012

We loved this hotel, great ambiance and a modern beachy vibe throughout the property and the rooms. We enjoyed the beautiful accommodations and view from the Presidential Penthouse, which was spectacular. We toured other rooms and suites to scope out for future stays and they were appointed just as nicely.

Staff is very personable, friendly and followed up on making our stay as comfortable as possible. Front desk staff was wonderful. The rooms are beautiful and the beds were very comfortable. Balconies have lovely teak furniture to enjoy the pool or ocean views. Enjoy a complimentary welcome beverage on your arrival and nice towels for enjoying the beach, infinity pool or hot tub.

The Wave Kitchen and Bar was nice to enjoy downstairs or through the in room dining option. Food was very good, bar was great. The Wave Kitchen and Bar is located in the lower level of the hotel with a nice view of the pool and beach from the dinner tables and part of the bar.

Greg, the bartender on service on our visits mixed awesome drinks. On our first visit to the bar we enjoyed an app of Spinach dip and pita, very nice and made to order. Not too cheesy, fresh and makes you realize that this standard app could be kicked up a notch at other places. Great with welcome drinks and encourages us to order another round and stay a bit. Highly recommend the Passion Fruit martini.

After dinner out, we headed back here for drinks and the bar was packed. Some people ordering apps and drinks, some people enjoying drinks while waiting for their dinner tables in the restaurant portion. We enjoyed the seating at the bar tables and took in the scene, chatting with people around us. Friend ordered dessert, the flourless chocolate cake, with Tres Leches icecream and it was great.

Sunday Brunch/Breakfast was enjoyed here, Cuban french toast and bacon for my friend and an omelette for me. Delicious. Coffee is wonderful, even the Decaf.

Room Tip: Friend them on Facebook and join their E-list for specials and event updates.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank lisandbry
TAResponse, General Manager at Costa d'Este Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2012

WOW! Thank you for the 5 ***** rating - I appreciate hearing about how we fared with our guests, and it appears from you post that you did - :-)
Thank you also for complimenting the staff - I'll be sure to share this information with them -
We hope you make your return to FL at Vero Beach, and of course stay with us. We are very proud of this "Jewel" in this "Treasure Coast" of the state.

All the Best,

Reviewed January 16, 2012

Excellent service from all employes at the hotel and especially the front desk personnel. Gave us great advice on saving money at nearby resturaunts and their dinning facility. Rooms were very comfortable and clean. Looking forward to another visit.

Room Tip: Upper floors in North Tower.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Harry196173
TAResponse, General Manager at Costa d'Este Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2012

Dear Harry,

WOW! a 5-star rating is very much appreciated - Thank you for your comments. I am pleased to hear that our staff lived up to their commitment of giving our guests a memorable experience. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 13, 2012

I took a quick weekend getaway to this stylish boutique hotel by myself to relax and unwind. Prior to my arrival, I received a welcome call from guest services to see if they could assist me with restaurant or spa appointments - or help with anything else prior to my arrival. Nice touch.

While check-in was at 4 p.m., I was not able to get into my room until 4:30, but that was fine as I had time to explore the hotel.

Once I got into my oceanfront room, I found it to be spacious and very clean. The sleek design was nice. The rooms have marble floors, yet they did not provide slippers so it was very cold to walk around the room with out shoes on. They did provide a bath robe which was a warm and thoughtful touch.

Note that the pool does not get much sun, so be prepared to spend most of your time on the beach. The beach staff was very accommodating and you can rent a lounge for $20 for the day which I feel was reasonable.

Overall the staff was friendly and accommodating. My only issues were at the Spa where I found the staff uninformed and un-welcoming. So, I chose to spend my money somewhere else.

I dined alone both nights at The Wave restaurant. Sat at the bar alone. The first night I felt very comfortable and welcome, food was really good! The second night the bartender appeared annoyed that I was eating at the bar and taking up space. I ordered a salad, which after 45 minutes never came, so rather than spending $50 on dinner and feeling unwelcome, I chose to dine off property.

I will certainly return and enjoy the resort. It's a great value and even though there were two "issues" during my stay, they were not serious enough to make me not want to go back.

I would recommend it for couples, a single person just looking for R&R and for friends who just want to get away.

Room Tip: Get an oceanfront room, it's worth the extra money. Remember slippers because of the marble floo...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Jeffabba

Thank you for your post.

I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay. I appreciae receiving comments from our guests as it helps me see the areas that may need my immediate attention. There should have been slippers in your room, but we must have failed to put them there, my apology.

I will also pass on your comments about your experience at the bar. This should have not happened, and we will correct it immediately.

Thank you for your willingness to return. Please let us know when you choose to do so, and we'll be happy to offer you a great deal on your next dinner.

Reviewed January 12, 2012

Great service from Joshua & the entire staff ! Couldn't have asked for anything better! Everything was perfect from the moment I walked in the door. Fantastic environment & hotel design is first class.
I can't wait to come back to this wonderful experience !
Thanks to all the staff and the owners

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Nice contemporary resort with beautiful decor right on beach. Layout is fantastic with gorgeous pool and jacuzzi facing the beach. The rooms are immaculate with many selections with great ocean views. The restaurant bar had good food, but we had a sour waiter.(maybe our luck) The restaurant bar gets alive after 10pm and has a good mixed crowd of all ages. My complaints, aside from waiter, is the actual beach is a little rustic and outside of resort, surrounding area is quite boring for anyone looking for a live night. But during the day there are some shops and other restaurants and bars on water nearby to hang out.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your post - I appreciate your comments as I can then see how we are performing from a guest's standpoint.

I am pleased you enjoyed yourself during this visit - Let me offer my apology about your commnent of a "sour waiter". I am not sure who the waiter was, but I can assure you that we'll change that to a "lemonade" with a little "spoon of sugar" :-).

Reviewed January 7, 2012

My first stay at the Costa d'Este. In Sept2010, I purchased an online voucher for Florida Residents, through Travelzoo. Due to family issues, and unexpected traveling out of State, I'd been unable to use my paid voucher, that expired on Dec.30th. Although, the hotel was booked full for Christmas/New Year's weeks, the Front Desk Resv.Rep, Mami,was very pleasant and helpful with arranging my "late reservation". Originally, I'd hoped to go for a "luxury getaway" with a friend, although being the Holidays....everyone had family plans. So, I went on my own, for an adventure to destress, and it was "Simple Luxury" in every way! I say "simple", because all the Hotel Staff was very courteous, friendly, as well as, professional. The Hotel's luxury decor and food (especially, my favorite...Tapas) reminded me of visits to Madrid with a Cuban flare! The Vero Beach oceanside location is perfect, although, an ocean view room was not available with my late reservation planning. That would have been amazing, with a balcony overlooking the ocean without any obstructions in view.....and the sound of the ocean. My room was lovely, with a touch of luxury, yet very "basic". Since I didn't have an oceanside balcony to enjoy Room Service for a private Breakfast or late night Tapas and wine , I did miss not having the optional use of coffee maker, small refrigerator, and microwave, that most Hotels provide these days.....so, most of my visit was poolside, including breakfast and lunch, and afternoon tappas. Ryan is not just the poolside bartender/manager, his professionalism and personality make him an amazing person. A great way to start a day and end a day poolside at sunset is in the hot tub with an ocean view. There's a private entry to the beach from the pool, whenever you want a poolside break for an early morning or afternoon walk on the beach. Ask Scott, who owns and manages all the beachside activities (Shark Bait, don't let the name scare you away!) to help you plan a great beachside adventure or a day relaxing by the ocean in a lounge chair ...my favorite activity! In summary, my two day visit was the destress break, that I so needed. Although, there were many lovely shops and restaurants available along the beautiful Ocean Dr. neighborhood, all within walking distance, I chose only the "Simple Luxury" oasis the Costa d'Este offered me during my brief stay. PS...Delicious menu choices and preparation, a great "Chef"! Dinner is a very elegant service experience, although the Lunch menu is mostly the same menu for less$. Also, a pre-dinner or late night Tapas at the Diningroom Bar is very special...even if you're alone! Costa d'Este was a very private environment, that offered excellent security for their guests....Next time, I'll confirm an advance reservation for an oceanside room and it'll be perfect!!!

Room Tip: Make advance reservations with a confirmation for an "on the ocean room". All rooms have a...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo

Thank you for your post - I appreciatge hearing from our guests, especially when the comments indicate that our efforts to give them a memorable experience is working :-).
Maime is certainly one of our best colleagues, I am very pleased she took care of you and you enjoyed your stay.

I've never been to Madrid, but will take your comment as a compliment about the theme that has been created here at Costa d'Este - we are pleased you enjoyed it.

Thank you for your recommendations - we will certainly take them under serious consideration. We also hope to see you back at Costa d'Este real soon.