“Our Favorite Place”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I have always loved Olive Garden restaurants and this one is no different. Our food always comes out quickly and tastes delicious, no matter what we order. Our favorite server is Callie B. She goes above and beyond to accommodate our large family. We always try to request her when we go in. She is very friendly and great with the kids. She is knowledgeable of the menu and gave great recommendations. We really enjoy our experience when we go.

1  Thank SJR2005

Reviewed January 14, 2014

While visiting in FL had to take the elders out to lunch. What a great spot. Lot's of choices, great service, decent food. They enjoyed every minute and got large doggie bags to go. Whats not to like........

1  Thank Jeff Z
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We have been to many Olive Gardens in various locations. The reviews show it may depend on the management and cook
In Vero our server was great and trying, but portions smaller than usual. I quit eating shrimp/seafood at any Darden restaurants due to bad taste, freshness issues?
Thought my usual eggplant parmigiana was safe. The breading was overloaded with pepper. The bread sticks were either old/stale or over baked, basically inedible. Would not recommend Vero Olive Garden? Disappointing, too bad. We loved our OG in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. It was always busy. This OG in Vero was pretty empty. B

1  Thank Barry B
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I decided to give olive garden a try after a long (5 year) hiatus. Big mistake.

First off our drinks were warm (ginger ale) . We had to get the attention of another waitress to get cold drinks as our waitress disappeared. Not sure what happened after that as it took approximately another 10 minutes to get new drinks.

Then we ordered an appetizer. By its description it sounded amazing. It was some type of lasagna fingers. I tried one as did my wife and they were disgusting. They tasted nothing like the ingredients that were listed. Server was kind enough to remove them from the table.

Next up was salad (me) and soup (wife). My salad was actually decent. However, my wife's soup was terrible. That too was sent back and she ended up sharing my salad.

Main course time. I ordered a pasta with braised beef. Once again the ingredients sounded amazing. My wife ordered the mixed griller. When she was asked for the temperature of the steak we figured that it would be made fresh and were anticipating it's arrival.

Both dishes were absolutely terrible. The pasta in my dish was terrible. I attempted to just eat the beef but even that tasted off. Add to that, I couldn't tell the small pieces of beef from the mushrooms. I gave up and focused on the bread sticks. My wife's entrée was even worse. She attempted a bite of the chicken and was disgusted. The beef was even worse. Her asparagus looked like rubber and she ended up just nibbling on the potatoes. Waitress stopped back and we informed her that we were unhappy and would just like the check.

The manager then stopped by to ask what was wrong. I politely informed him that we were incredibly unhappy with the quality of the food. I also informed him that everything tasted microwaved. His response was "Have you ever eaten here before?". Not I'm sorry, not disputing the process, not even disagreeing. He then asked if he could get us anything else. We politely refused and asked for the bill. He was kind enough not to charge us for what they claim is food. We tipped the server and vowed to each other that we never return.

It's truly sad that people associate real Italian food with this place.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Seated promptly in family room, parents, grandparents and 5 children ages 3 thru 10. Servers, Erica and Tony, couldn't be nicer or more attentive. They were patient and understanding and helpful. Really great meal, food to everyone's liking and having our own space was perfect. Olive Garden recognizing veterans appreciated. Thank you.