“Tasty Mussels for Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Patio - CLOSED

The Patio
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Vero Beach, Fl
“Tasty Mussels for Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

We had the mussels $8, the open faced Reuben $8, and $8 crab dip appetizer for lunch. The mussels were good with the sauce/juice for dipping bread in. The Crab dip was basically cheese sauce with bits of crab. It was only ok so so, not great. I wasn't crazy about the Velveeta style cheese. The open faced Reuben was good with a side of average Cole slaw. Nice atmosphere, great service.

“the patio is back!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

The Patio has re-opened and it's better than ever. Great food for all whether you want apps like onion rings, wings or soup or just a burger, which is not just an ordinary burger. Or have a steak or fresh fish and they are all done to perfection.

“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

I've eaten at the Patio for lunch twice since it reopened and it has been great both times. The first time I had the open-faced Reuben and the second time I had the lunch special, which was a Cuban sandwich. Both were delicious. Service was great too.

“Exceptional”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

This is the oldest retaurant in Florida that also is very, very good. The food is way above average, I wouldn't call it world class, but for a beach town it is exceptional. The staff is superb, very well trained and right on the money with their recommednntions. The menu has everything from prime rib to local fish, and everything in between without being too extensive.
I had the NY strip, which was excellent. My date had the local pompano, she's a fish snob and even she loved it.
The atmosphere is very nice, old and historic, lots of stained glass from many different places.
The bar is supposed to have two for one's all day, I didn't try it, but it was packed with locals.

This is a must in Vero!

1 Thank sjmacdee
“I left without eating.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

We went for lunch and sat outside. The hostess was friendly. Our server greeted us and our drinks were delivered promptly. I ordered the turkey burger with sweet potato fries and my husband chose the ham and brie with fries. The turkey burger was rubbery and salty..it tasted more like a frozen turkey sausage patty than a burger. I sent it back after the first bite. My sweet potato fries tasted like they were fried in stale oil. My husband's sandwich was good, but his fries were also fried in the stale oil. I left hungry and ate lunch at home.

1 Thank poochina
Kevin F, General Manager at The Patio, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
I'm sorry you were dissapointed with your recent visit to our restaurant. Your opinion is important to us and we are sorry if you were not satisfied. I have brought your concerns over the specific menu items to the chef in order to correct any problems that may have occured. I would invite you to stop by and see us in person hoping that we could rectify the situation. Thank you for bringing any potential problems to our attention.