“the patio is back!”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
“the patio is back!”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The Patio has re-opened and it's better than ever. Great food for all whether you want apps like onion rings, wings or soup or just a burger, which is not just an ordinary burger. Or have a steak or fresh fish and they are all done to perfection.

“Great food”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I've eaten at the Patio for lunch twice since it reopened and it has been great both times. The first time I had the open-faced Reuben and the second time I had the lunch special, which was a Cuban sandwich. Both were delicious. Service was great too.

“Exceptional”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

This is the oldest retaurant in Florida that also is very, very good. The food is way above average, I wouldn't call it world class, but for a beach town it is exceptional. The staff is superb, very well trained and right on the money with their recommednntions. The menu has everything from prime rib to local fish, and everything in between without being too extensive.
I had the NY strip, which was excellent. My date had the local pompano, she's a fish snob and even she loved it.
The atmosphere is very nice, old and historic, lots of stained glass from many different places.
The bar is supposed to have two for one's all day, I didn't try it, but it was packed with locals.

This is a must in Vero!

1 Thank sjmacdee
“I left without eating.”
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

We went for lunch and sat outside. The hostess was friendly. Our server greeted us and our drinks were delivered promptly. I ordered the turkey burger with sweet potato fries and my husband chose the ham and brie with fries. The turkey burger was rubbery and salty..it tasted more like a frozen turkey sausage patty than a burger. I sent it back after the first bite. My sweet potato fries tasted like they were fried in stale oil. My husband's sandwich was good, but his fries were also fried in the stale oil. I left hungry and ate lunch at home.

1 Thank poochina
Kevin F, General Manager at The Patio, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
I'm sorry you were dissapointed with your recent visit to our restaurant. Your opinion is important to us and we are sorry if you were not satisfied. I have brought your concerns over the specific menu items to the chef in order to correct any problems that may have occured. I would invite you to stop by and see us in person hoping that we could rectify the situation. Thank you for bringing any potential problems to our attention.
Vero Beach, Florida
“Twice in a week, EXCELLENT service!”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

The Patio Restaurant has reopened and is under new ownership and management.

Dinner on Friday night required about a thirty minute wait. A lot of locals were there, the parking lot was packed beyond capacity and an attendant offered a parking recommendation about a block away.

When I was finally seated at the table I was greeted by the server and an assistant. From that moment forward, things were in high gear and I was thoroughly impressed with the attention to detail and the professionalism of the staff. The meal was served without much delay and it was delicious. The portion was adequate and the price was reasonable. The taste and flavor of the food was extremely good and I was satisfied with my dining experience, anxious to return again.

Today I went back with four guests for lunch. The parking lot was full (again; it's popular) and I parked about a block west of the restaurant. We were seated immediately and a waiter (Matt) and his assistant (John) greeted us and explained the specials for the day.

We ended up ordering the ahi tuna, french dip, a chicken salad sandwich and an open face reuben and a side order of onion rings. Everyone enjoyed their meals and the onion rings were fresh, hot and made on site as opposed to being breaded at a factory and shipped frozen cross country by truck.

The service was EXCEPTIONAL and resulted in a greater than 20% tip and a written note to the restaurant owner (Leanne). My water glass was likely refilled eight times and the iced tea glass topped off at least four times.

I am very glad that the Patio has reopened. I plan to return and very much look forward to my next visit.

Kudos to the owner, management team, the cook staff, the wait staff and the rest of the team who are working hard to deliver good food at a reasonable price with fantastic service. The only downfall is if they keep it up, I might have to park two blocks away. I won't mind though...

1 Thank wbladesr